Where can I find the knuckles that are located on the first pivot point on my soft top frame?

Smasek

Where can I find the knuckles that are located on the first pivot point on my soft top frame? They ar the ones that let the first part of my top fold back not the quick connect ones. I'm seeing what looks like them but it says it won't fit on the sites I've searched.

15843772564882624584248984401354.jpg

I need something like this. The top I have has this at the first pivot that is in between the windshield and the door rails. I feel like it may be a top from a newer jeep and not a tj.

That's the "Sunrider" feature that was available on later model years, I believe '03 and up.

Tip-I have a little tackle box type deal and I keep every reusable part over the years from things I dismantle that are Jeep related in that one box.

I just ran into the same problem where mine broke at the same point. Did using the part from the JK work? Or was it too big?

Just as an update. I didn’t try out the part mentioned above for the JK as a fix. But what I did do that worked is bought a 5/8th dowel and replaced the parts with the dowel which has worked so far. I’ll post back here if it breaks on me :)

I just replaced mine last summer. Supposedly the part I ordered was supposed to fit both the 03+ TJ/LJ and JKs. I had to shave it a bit and drill in a hole for the screw but it fit fine.

I just replaced mine last summer. Supposedly the part I ordered was supposed to fit both the 03+ TJ/LJ and JKs. I had to shave it a bit and drill in a hole for the screw but it fit fine.
Awesome, thanks wigsajumper, that’s good to know! Just to confirm, it was the same part that was mentioned earlier on this thread that you used right? If not, do you mind posting what the part was? Because I can’t seem to find one that says it will work for the 03+ TJ/LJ.

Awesome, thanks wigsajumper, that’s good to know! Just to confirm, it was the same part that was mentioned earlier on this thread that you used right? If not, do you mind posting what the part was? Because I can’t seem to find one that says it will work for the 03+ TJ/LJ.

@Jparish100 So I just searched my Emails. The bestop number as told to me by their service rep was 404.08P. She told me I had to call in to order the part. I ended up getting a part from ebay. That was the one I ended up shaving and putting a hole for the screw.

I ended up replacing that with the correct part from Davey's Jeep in Ohio. Sent them an email with the description of the part I wanted. They sent out the parts a couple of days later. I have used they multiple times in the past especially for OEM hard to find parts. https://daveysjeeps.com/

Attached what they ended up sending me perfect fit.

003.JPG

@Jparish100 So I just searched my Emails. The bestop number as told to me by their service rep was 404.08P. She told me I had to call in to order the part. I ended up getting a part from ebay. That was the one I ended up shaving and putting a hole for the screw.

I ended up replacing that with the correct part from Davey's Jeep in Ohio. Sent them an email with the description of the part I wanted. They sent out the parts a couple of days later. I have used they multiple times in the past especially for OEM hard to find parts. https://daveysjeeps.com/

Attached what they ended up sending me perfect fit.

View attachment 263156
Thanks wigsajumper! I appreciate the help. I’ll reach out to daveysjeeps and see if I can get the part so I don’t have a soft top held together with wooden dowels 😆

Reactions: wigsajumper