Where did you place your Rockville 10" sub?

ufatbasted

I received a 10" rockville sub as a birthday gift back i December.

Looking for ideas on location and mounting the sub. I searched but most info is for the 8" version or other subs.
I did find a thread where it was mounted the back of the tailgate. I don't really don't want anymore weight on mine.

Thx

Can't speak to the 10...I mounted my 8 behind the passenger seat... little concerned with water down there... nothing gets everything wet and dirty like snow wheeling (and self recovery.) I used stainless nutserts in the floor with some RTV to keep the water from leaking up... probably didn't need to make it that tight. Kinda wish I had bought the 10...I don't think it's that much bigger

IMG20230412153437.jpg

Reactions: ufatbasted
I did the same thing. I bought a used rear seat, made up wiring harness with disconnects so that I can still quickly/safely/easily remove the rear seat, and installed the sub in the bottom of the seat. It's pretty well hidden. Though not the most comfortable seat for riding.

You will need to pull your head unit and access the speaker signal. I used wire taps from Posi-Products but anything similar will work. I velcro'd the control unit into the coin dish at the front of the console. I ran the hot line through the PDU under hood with a fuse, and I used this as a power disconnect-I cut it in half and heat shrinked it to the + and -. Be sure that the red exposed connector on the positive side is the one attached to the subwoofer so that the positive side of the battery is covered and protected when you disconnect the power.

Can't speak to the 10...I mounted my 8 behind the passenger seat... little concerned with water down there... nothing gets everything wet and dirty like snow wheeling (and self recovery.) I used stainless nutserts in the floor with some RTV to keep the water from leaking up... probably didn't need to make it that tight. Kinda wish I had bought the 10...I don't think it's that much bigger

View attachment 415923

Looking at your picture reminded me of an old song. 😬
s-l1600.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ufatbasted
Has anybody mounted one of the all in one subs like the Rockville or whatever inside the rear seat bottom as opposed to making a custom box? I'm guessing heat might be an issue with the amp tucked inside.