Where is it going to rub?

MikekiM

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I am about two months into ownership and got all the service and gremlins out of the way. I have a RC 2.5" lift. Going to replace the shocks with Rancho 5000's shortly in hopes of smoothing out the ride a bit.

Turning attention to the wheels and tires.

I have 15x10 ProComp 69's with 33x12.5 Falken Wildpeak AT3W's. I want to keep these. Tires are quiet on surface roads and have enough bite for the sandy trails I'll be on. No crawling in my future.

The PO used a small spacer to gain the clearance needed so the 33's don't rub and they don't. Not at all, even at full lock. I'd like to remove the spacers. Where should I expect the tires to rub and would there be any remedy other than the spacers (or a smaller setup)?

Last edited:
Reactions: derekmac
Those wheels shouldn't rub if the backspacing is correct. I have 15"x10" wheels on mine.
Rubi skull2 (5).jpg

Reactions: John Cooper
I am about two months into ownership and got all the service and gremlins out of the way. I have a RC 2.5" lift. Going to replace the shocks with Rancho 5000's shortly in hopes of smoothing out the ride a bit.

Turning attention to the wheels and tires.

I have 15x10 ProComp 69's with 33x12.5 Falken Wildpeak AT3W's. I want to keep these. Tires are quiet on surface roads and have enough bite for the sandy trails I'll be on. No crawling in my future.

The PO used a small spacer to gain the clearance needed so the 33's don't rub and they don't. Not at all, even at full lock. I'd like to remove the spacers. Where should I expect the tires to rub and would there be any remedy other than the spacers (or a smaller setup)?
What spacers are in there now? By small, do you mean they are flat plates that go between the wheel and the hub using the stock studs? If that is the case, yes - remove those whether they rub afterwards or not.

Reactions: WSS
Those wheels shouldn't rub if the backspacing is correct. I have 15"x10" wheels on mine.
View attachment 273024
You’re correct. Removed the spacers and Zero rubbing. Have to wonder what the PO was thinking. As if these don’t extend past the fenders enough.

What spacers are in there now? By small, do you mean they are flat plates that go between the wheel and the hub using the stock studs? If that is the case, yes - remove those whether they rub afterwards or not.
totally agree with you, which is why I was prompted to ask. If it were a spacer to change bolt pattern I’d get it, but nothing good comes from a plate space.

I have some new paper weights.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ