Which CB Antenna Is Your Go To?

With the popularity of GMRS being the IN THING now I was just wondering what everyone's favorite CB antenna was/is? Mine has always been the FIrestick brand but have tried the K40 loaded base antennas before also with good results.

I'm looking to replace my old beat up Firestick 36" (3') antenna with something new, be it another Firestick or something else.

2' Firestick, so that it doesn't extend beyond the soft top and catch anything.

I actually used it the other day. Was stuck in traffic on I-85 and got a report from a driver a few miles ahead of me.

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC and Wildman
This seems to be where any antenna like the Firestick is more suited. Also I've been on runs with guys who used to run the 102" ships and if you weren't careful you'd get smacked.

I've got to mount both a CB antenna and GMRS antenna on the back of the Jeep. We'll wait and see how my mounting plans work out.

Ya being from radio way back, Performance is number one with me for the situation. I have two NMO mounts on alum. angles at each corner, one 2m/70cm the other for GMRS. The CB antenna mounts to the top of the tire carrier on the XRC rear bumper.

Reactions: Wildman
102" whip mounted on the driver side tail light.

WOW. There is no way you could get away with a 102" whip in our trees and stuff. You'd have it tied down 90% of the time.

My grandfather ran a 102" whip in the tub mount ball type on his CJ5. It's what I grew up knowing as the proper way to run a CB.

Reactions: Claybirdd
WOW. There is no way you could get away with a 102" whip in our trees and stuff. You'd have it tied down 90% of the time.

My grandfather ran a 102" whip in the tub mount ball type on his CJ5. It's what I grew up knowing as the proper way to run a CB.

I do keep it tied down most of the time. When it's up my wife says it makes my rig look like a R/C toy jeep. Can't beat the range it gives though.

Z8XTTfUl-500163261.jpeg

102" whips used to far more popular before shorter but still highly effective CB antennas came along. I'm all about big antennas and have erected many for my HF ham radio and Air Force radios but I use a 2' tall Firestick FS-2 on my TJ. That length has worked extremely well for offroading for well over 20 years.

It also serves as a great flagpole for a small American flag. 😊

DSC00252001.jpg

102" whips used to far more popular before shorter but still highly effective CB antennas came along. I'm all about big antennas and have erected many for my HF ham radio and Air Force radios but I use a 2' tall Firestick FS-2 on my TJ. That length has worked extremely well for offroading for well over 20 years.

View attachment 444884

https://www.caranddriver.com/shopping-advice/g28229171/american-flag-etiquette-cars-motorcycles/

Hopefully you were not trying to educate me on proper flag etiquette because I have my flag mounted on the left side. I learned flag etiquette in the military, taught flag etiquette for years to Boy Scouts, how to properly retire them, etc. However, I really don't care that it's on my TJ's left side since I had an appropriate mount for it there, my 2' CB antenna, instead of being on the more correct right side where I have nothing appropriate to mount it on. I like it there. :)

Hopefully you were not trying to educate me on proper flag etiquette because I have my flag mounted on the left side. I learned flag etiquette in the military, taught flag etiquette for years to Boy Scouts, how to properly retire them, etc. However, I really don't care that it's on my TJ's left side since I had an appropriate mount for it there, my 2' CB antenna, instead of being on the more correct right side where I have nothing appropriate to mount it on. I like it there. :)

Unbunch your panties, I just posted a link that popped up on my phone after I looked up flags to put up at my house.

Now yell at people to stay off your lawn.

I kidd I kidd.

View attachment 444884

The OG long whip :

1984-chevrolet-k10-custom-pickup-front.jpg

My parents had a J-10 pickup (brown, maybe two-toned) when we first moved into our house, circa 1977. It had one of these wicked-long CB antennas and they had to secure it down to pull into the garage.

God, I loved that that truck.

My parents had a J-10 pickup (brown, maybe two-toned) when we first moved into our house, circa 1977. It had one of these wicked-long CB antennas and they had to secure it down to pull into the garage.

God, I loved that that truck.

I still can't believe how many people drilled holes in their bed to mount those whips.