Which CB Antenna Is Your Go To?

Wildman

Over Analyzer Extraordinaire...............
Staff Member
Supporting Member
With the popularity of GMRS being the IN THING now I was just wondering what everyone's favorite CB antenna was/is? Mine has always been the FIrestick brand but have tried the K40 loaded base antennas before also with good results.

I'm looking to replace my old beat up Firestick 36" (3') antenna with something new, be it another Firestick or something else.

My firesticks worked well. I snapped one and replaced it with a 2'. The 2' ended up with a large knick and had trouble transmitting. Since then, its been placed in the garage somewhere and my gmrs took its place

I have a 5' firestik for the road and a 2' base loaded whip for trail use. The problem with the Firestik is its heavy as hell - I may simply replace it with a 1/4 wave whip.

Wilson 5000 best performance for me, or Firestik in 4ft or 5ft lengths when I run on trails.

The Firestick seems to be the most popular. I think I've been running some form of Firestick now for over 25 years if not longer.

Snapped off my fire stick last year and I don’t think I’ll replace it. Goodbye CB.

My club hasn't embraced the GMRS as of yet so I have to have a CB until they decide to move to GMRS.

I ordered a new Firestick a few minutes ago. Almost got the Red/White/Blue version but I had them on my old Ram and the colors didn't last very long. So I just went with a While one for now. We'll see how it holds up.

My firesticks worked well. I snapped one and replaced it with a 2'. The 2' ended up with a large knick and had trouble transmitting. Since then, its been placed in the garage somewhere and my gmrs took its place

I tried a 4' version about 15 years ago but it was just too tall for the PNW with all the damn trees. Went to a 3' and it's a lot better. I'll have both a GMRS and CB antenna on the back.

Reactions: PNW_LJ
IMG_6994.JPG

IMG_6997.JPG

The upper whip is stainless steel and will hit trees and bend. The 4ft only extends about 2ft above my rig and I fly the club flag on it during club runs.

This seems to be where any antenna like the Firestick is more suited. Also I've been on runs with guys who used to run the 102" ships and if you weren't careful you'd get smacked.

I've got to mount both a CB antenna and GMRS antenna on the back of the Jeep. We'll wait and see how my mounting plans work out.

2’ fire stick on a teraflex taillight mount is what I use. I find it to be plenty of antenna for communicating up and down the trail which is all I use it for.