Which winch remote?

Cal&Mango

Hola, I recently purchased a used warn xd9000i without a remote. Do you have a recommendation for a remote? I would like to get a wireless remote, but I’m in northern New Mexico and cell service is not good? Does that matter? Thanks

The remotes use self contained local wireless (just the jeep and the remote) so you don't need cell service. I'd consider a wired remote. I see allot of people with dead remote batteries that are stuck without a winch. Maybe because some manufacturers use cheap batteries from the factory? I don't know, at a minimum I might have some sort of wired controls as a backup.

Start with a wired remote PN 83665. First you need to know what generation xd9000i you have as early versions had only three wire control harness and you need the later five wire to use wireless. If it is three wire you will want to contact Warn and see if they are still offering the harness upgrade. From there you can add the wireless PN 90287 or the Warn Hub bluetooth control 103945.

Verizon has the best wireless winch remote service in the country.
verizon-wireless-coverage-map.png

The remotes use self contained local wireless (just the jeep and the remote) so you don't need cell service. I'd consider a wired remote. I see allot of people with dead remote batteries that are stuck without a winch. Maybe because some manufacturers use cheap batteries from the factory? I don't know, at a minimum I might have some sort of wired controls as a backup.
I second this. I have both for my XD9000i and have yet to be able to use the wireless controller as it has a dead battery every. damn. time.

Reactions: pagrey