Who does PCP?

I don't have a PCP, but I do have my Sheridan Blue Streak from 1975...
It was my grandparent's, and they gave it to me later on. Managed to keep the box and manuals etc. also.
Still shoots like a champ!!
View attachment 8521

Being that you've still got all the original packaging, that might be worth something someday!

Reactions: Ryan Thomas
PCP is a helluva drug and is not as common as it was in the 80's and early 90's. if you do PCP you might end up naked inside Debo's chicken coop.

That's the only reason I originally clicked on this thread :aplastao:

Now that I'm up to speed, all I can think of is poor Ralphie!

be484cde3ddbde70706868401dcc2ad62510cccf5f58183bc1d069de8df053bd.jpg

Reactions: Stinger and Chris
Getting a bit more outfitted. Made it over the hill yesterday and picked up 4 more 30 minute SCBA 4500 psi bottles filled and got the 2 I already have filled so now I have 6. I ordered 4 more so I'll have 10 which should keep me going for awhile. The price I'm paying for these is low enough that I will have only slightly more into all 10 than 1 new 60 minute goes for.

Reactions: Chris
Another step towards getting us ready for some back yard plinking. I made it down to Alpine and dropped off both Marauders. The .22 will get a higher set of scope mounts and the barrel looked at to see why it is shifting from side to side. The .25 will get a scope mounted, the trigger adjusted, and both will get regulated for consistency.

While I was there, we discussed some of the entry level big bore stuff and there are a couple of offerings by Daystate and FX that are fairly appealing. I have a hard time owning an air rifle that costs more than a supercharger though so I don't think I'll be owning one any time soon. Considering how many extreme bench rest competitions have been won by the FX Boss though, it certainly is tempting.

Another step towards getting us ready for some back yard plinking. I made it down to Alpine and dropped off both Marauders. The .22 will get a higher set of scope mounts and the barrel looked at to see why it is shifting from side to side. The .25 will get a scope mounted, the trigger adjusted, and both will get regulated for consistency.

While I was there, we discussed some of the entry level big bore stuff and there are a couple of offerings by Daystate and FX that are fairly appealing. I have a hard time owning an air rifle that costs more than a supercharger though so I don't think I'll be owning one any time soon. Considering how many extreme bench rest competitions have been won by the FX Boss though, it certainly is tempting.

How much property do you have down there? Do you have enough to shoot on or are you outside of city limits?

I'm not sure how the gun laws work in California versus Oregon. I know in Oregon I could shoot on my own property if I lived outside of city limits and had some sort of sand bags (or something to stop the bullets from traveling further than they should).

Anyways, I'm assuming you're able to shoot on your property without going to the range? I'm jealous if so!

How much property do you have down there? Do you have enough to shoot on or are you outside of city limits?

I'm not sure how the gun laws work in California versus Oregon. I know in Oregon I could shoot on my own property if I lived outside of city limits and had some sort of sand bags (or something to stop the bullets from traveling further than they should).

Anyways, I'm assuming you're able to shoot on your property without going to the range? I'm jealous if so!
We only have about .75 of an acre. It is an odd shaped lot so I have some long straight area that are long enough for messing with air guns and not much else except slingshots. On one side we have 35 yards to the back fence and at another area it is 50 yards from the back of the house to the back fence. If I could shoot from the front corner down along the fence, that would be over 100 yards.

I'm in a gray area as far as zoning goes. We are rural but in the city limits. We fall under city code enforcement but our officer applies the rules fairly with the understanding that we live out here so we don't have to follow "all" of the city codes.

I chat with the cops on a regular basis to get the latest cop gossip on what is going on in the area and have asked them if they would be bothered if I shot my pellet guns in a safe manner and they didn't care. There is no one directly behind me for at least a half mile but I can throw a rock really hard and hit a few of the neighbor's homes.

To give an idea of the odd shape, my side fence is also my back fence. Our house faces a paved road. The fence on the side that starts at the paved road goes in a straight line from the road to the other side fence and goes behind the house so the side is also the back.

We only have about .75 of an acre. It is an odd shaped lot so I have some long straight area that are long enough for messing with air guns and not much else except slingshots. On one side we have 35 yards to the back fence and at another area it is 50 yards from the back of the house to the back fence. If I could shoot from the front corner down along the fence, that would be over 100 yards.

I'm in a gray area as far as zoning goes. We are rural but in the city limits. We fall under city code enforcement but our officer applies the rules fairly with the understanding that we live out here so we don't have to follow "all" of the city codes.

I chat with the cops on a regular basis to get the latest cop gossip on what is going on in the area and have asked them if they would be bothered if I shot my pellet guns in a safe manner and they didn't care. There is no one directly behind me for at least a half mile but I can throw a rock really hard and hit a few of the neighbor's homes.

To give an idea of the odd shape, my side fence is also my back fence. Our house faces a paved road. The fence on the side that starts at the paved road goes in a straight line from the road to the other side fence and goes behind the house so the side is also the back.

At least the cops will let you do that. We've only got about .25 of an acre, and unfortunately if I started shooting off pellet guns, I have a few neighbors who would probably get their panties in a bunch.

Got the mini range measured out and built a crude back stop to keep from bothering the neighbors. I finally got the .22 Marauder back from the tune-up.

I sent it out and had a regulator installed, some trigger work done and I put a new scope on it. The scope is a SWSF fixed 16X.

Matt and I spent some time breaking it in after we finished up a rig this morning. I took a 2x6 and screwed a row of 2" spring clamps to the backside flush with the top 2.5" apart x 15 pieces. I bought some Necco wafers and clamped 1 in each clamp so now we had a row of exactly quarter size targets. I spent a few shots dialing in the scope and then we started shooting.

I ran off a string of 10 in a row. Matt ran 9, then I ran another 10 and Matt followed with the same. Looking for a bit more challenge, we set a row of dime size marbles up about 4" apart on top of the wood target back stop. I hit 5 out of 5, then Matt did the same.

I laid a wafer down flat on top of the wood so all I could see was the edge. I hit it first try, took Matt 2 tries the first time, 1 the second time.

Getting bored and looking for more of a challenge, we set up 2 of the .22 pellets, one on each side. Matt hit his in 2 shots, I hit mine on the first try. We did it again and we both got them on the first try.

My tuner did an awesome job for me. Getting about 4 magazines per fill or 40 shots. Same POI for all.

To put this in perspective, I have a laser rangefinder. The distance is exactly 48 yards.

Reactions: Chris and StG58
Got the mini range measured out and built a crude back stop to keep from bothering the neighbors. I finally got the .22 Marauder back from the tune-up.

I sent it out and had a regulator installed, some trigger work done and I put a new scope on it. The scope is a SWSF fixed 16X.

Matt and I spent some time breaking it in after we finished up a rig this morning. I took a 2x6 and screwed a row of 2" spring clamps to the backside flush with the top 2.5" apart x 15 pieces. I bought some Necco wafers and clamped 1 in each clamp so now we had a row of exactly quarter size targets. I spent a few shots dialing in the scope and then we started shooting.

I ran off a string of 10 in a row. Matt ran 9, then I ran another 10 and Matt followed with the same. Looking for a bit more challenge, we set a row of dime size marbles up about 4" apart on top of the wood target back stop. I hit 5 out of 5, then Matt did the same.

I laid a wafer down flat on top of the wood so all I could see was the edge. I hit it first try, took Matt 2 tries the first time, 1 the second time.

Getting bored and looking for more of a challenge, we set up 2 of the .22 pellets, one on each side. Matt hit his in 2 shots, I hit mine on the first try. We did it again and we both got them on the first try.

My tuner did an awesome job for me. Getting about 4 magazines per fill or 40 shots. Same POI for all.

To put this in perspective, I have a laser rangefinder. The distance is exactly 48 yards.

That's awesome, great shooting. I'm jealous. :thumbup:

I wish I had the space to shoot again, I miss it. I can't wait until I get out of Iowa and have some land again. I'll definitely get another marauder, and start shooting my real guns more often than I do.

Had a small range set up in the basement but everything i owned was spring piston RWS, surprisingly accurate.
Never shot pre-charged pneumatic though.

That's awesome, great shooting. I'm jealous. :thumbup:

I wish I had the space to shoot again, I miss it. I can't wait until I get out of Iowa and have some land again. I'll definitely get another marauder, and start shooting my real guns more often than I do.
Thanks, we were having a good time. Matt is hitting what he aims at and is dumbfounded that a pellet gun will shoot like that.
I finally found a scope for the Daystate Air Ranger .25 and have it and some pellets on the way so we can see how it does. It's going to have to be pretty good to do better than the Marauder.

Had a small range set up in the basement but everything i owned was spring piston RWS, surprisingly accurate.
Never shot pre-charged pneumatic though.
PCP is entertaining enough that I have a .22 Marauder tuned, .25 Marauder, and a Daystate Air Ranger .25. I'm looking for a .30 or .303 and I'm waiting for a deal on a Wolverine .303 or .30 FX Boss. I really want the Hi-lite version Daystate has but can't afford it.

PCP is entertaining enough that I have a .22 Marauder tuned, .25 Marauder, and a Daystate Air Ranger .25. I'm looking for a .30 or .303 and I'm waiting for a deal on a Wolverine .303 or .30 FX Boss. I really want the Hi-lite version Daystate has but can't afford it.

It's awesome to be able to shoot damn near for free, without nosy neighbors getting all worked up (or as worked up) as they might with real firearms. I loved plinking with my pellet rifles and did quite a bit of small game hunting with them at the time. Truly a blast.
That's quite the arsenal you're collecting there :2guns:

It's awesome to be able to shoot damn near for free, without nosy neighbors getting all worked up (or as worked up) as they might with real firearms. I loved plinking with my pellet rifles and did quite a bit of small game hunting with them at the time. Truly a blast.
That's quite the arsenal you're collecting there :2guns:
My wallet is stinging a bit from all this "free" shooting but I suspect that will get better when I'm down to just buying pellets. We went through half a tin of 500 today just messing around.

I used to hunt, grew up doing it. Hunted at least once a week and more on average from the time I was 13 until I moved to CA at 22. Moved back and did some more for several more years and then came back to CA. Somewhere along the way I lost my taste for it and really don't like shooting anything alive any more. But, the reason I have a Marauder is we had a bunny problem. The were chewing up the underside of the office and there is no good way to close it in or keep them out so they had to go away.

It is funny to me how quickly you can go from "oh, look at all the cute little bunnies" to "them little bastards need to die".

The reason I don't hunt is I don't like to see animals hurt. That meant I had to come up with a way to dispatch them quickly, humanely, and efficiently. Bought a Marauder, spent a few days sighting it in and practicing with in and then in short order wiped out a 20 bunny infestation with single shots to the head. Last year we had a minor infestation of ground squirrels which are ruthlessly destructive in this part of the world and I was able to eradicate all of them in very short order.

My "arsenal" is just more tools I enjoy that have a purpose and a job to do. Some times that job is just to keep me entertained.

As for the neighbors, I was walking down the stairs and Matt was shooting. It sounds about as loud as dropping a 3/4" socket on the driveway.

My wallet is stinging a bit from all this "free" shooting but I suspect that will get better when I'm down to just buying pellets. We went through half a tin of 500 today just messing around.

I used to hunt, grew up doing it. Hunted at least once a week and more on average from the time I was 13 until I moved to CA at 22. Moved back and did some more for several more years and then came back to CA. Somewhere along the way I lost my taste for it and really don't like shooting anything alive any more. But, the reason I have a Marauder is we had a bunny problem. The were chewing up the underside of the office and there is no good way to close it in or keep them out so they had to go away.

It is funny to me how quickly you can go from "oh, look at all the cute little bunnies" to "them little bastards need to die".

The reason I don't hunt is I don't like to see animals hurt. That meant I had to come up with a way to dispatch them quickly, humanely, and efficiently. Bought a Marauder, spent a few days sighting it in and practicing with in and then in short order wiped out a 20 bunny infestation with single shots to the head. Last year we had a minor infestation of ground squirrels which are ruthlessly destructive in this part of the world and I was able to eradicate all of them in very short order.

My "arsenal" is just more tools I enjoy that have a purpose and a job to do. Some times that job is just to keep me entertained.

As for the neighbors, I was walking down the stairs and Matt was shooting. It sounds about as loud as dropping a 3/4" socket on the driveway.

True, I suppose when one gets into the tuning and modification, it would become less than "damn near free" rather quickly.

I have never liked to see animals hurts and a quick humane kill has always been my main objective. I have people telling me stories of deer hunts (or other game) and the such where round after round is blasted after a running animal only to result in a gut shot and a lost animal all the time. All I feel is disgusting. I hunt pretty much exclusively with single shot rifles and shotguns. If I can't make a shot, I do not take it. Simple as that.

True, I suppose when one gets into the tuning and modification, it would become less than "damn near free" rather quickly.

I have never liked to see animals hurts and a quick humane kill has always been my main objective. I have people telling me stories of deer hunts (or other game) and the such where round after round is blasted after a running animal only to result in a gut shot and a lost animal all the time. All I feel is disgusting. I hunt pretty much exclusively with single shot rifles and shotguns. If I can't make a shot, I do not take it. Simple as that.
In my hunting days, I shot with several Thompson Center Contenders, .223, .30-.30, and .357 Herrett. My rifles were Ruger No.1s in .220 Swift, and .270 Winchester. My 12 gauge was a single shot of some forgotten brand. All of my hunting was done with single shots so I well understand.

My stories from the folks I hunted around were slightly different. They made good shots but they sucked at estimated yardages. Yep, I shot that mule deer at 800 yards with my iron sight .308. Yeah, I'm not sure you know how far 800 yards is.

My stories from the folks I hunted around were slightly different. They made good shots but they sucked at estimated yardages. Yep, I shot that mule deer at 800 yards with my iron sight .308. Yeah, I'm not sure you know how far 800 yards is.

You couldn't see the forest that mule deer was standing in at 800 yards with iron sights, let alone the deer itself.

Also I should be clear that everyone I hunt with makes good shots, or tries their best to, the people telling me these stories are people who stop by our camp after we heard them lay down 15 rounds consecutively earlier in the day, or co-workers. I intentionally do not hunt with folks like that.