Who has steelies? (pics and discussion)

matkal

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I've always liked the old school look of steelies especially on off road vehicles so I thought I'd start a thread where we can discuss them and share pics of ours and other TJ's (and other 4x4's?) with them.

I just got a set of five Mopar wheels from a local junk yard, they're 15x7 with 4.25" of backspace and all but one are in really good shape. My plan is to have them sandblasted and either paint them myself or have them powder coated. I've read the pros and cons of powder coating and I'm leaning towards painting them myself but I was wondering if anyone here has experience and or knowledge of powder coated steelies. Both the coating process and off road practicality. I won't be doing much, if any , rock crawling here in Michigan.
8C147FFA-C026-4A14-BDF7-3DAE2D88228C.jpeg

I much prefer steelies as well, but I went with 3.75" backspace aftermarket...
IMO they make much more sense on something that actually gets offroaded. They're relatively cheap to replace if one gets destroyed and it's possible to beat the bead back into shape with a hammer if need be

IMG_20200122_171149519.jpg

IMO they make much more sense on something that actually gets offroaded. They're relatively cheap to replace if one gets destroyed and it's possible to beat the bead back into shape with a hammer if need be

I run these as well. Simple, functional, good looking. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a complete set of Gambler wheels for summer use, though.

View attachment 163590
Compared to the Ravines that are on there now, I'll be gaining 1.25" backspace, I'm on 31's

@Squatch do you have pics of yours that you could post?

Somebody on here(I think?) has a tan TJ with tan wheels, or am I mis-remembering?

I think Rat Patrol and Daktari influenced my taste in Jeep wheels.

@Squatch do you have pics of yours that you could post?

Somebody on here(I think?) has a tan TJ with tan wheels, or am I mis-remembering?

I think Rat Patrol and Daktari influenced my taste in Jeep wheels.
Caps 3.jpg

img_0107-jpg.jpg

img_0108-1-jpg.jpg

TJ is still torn down, so these have never been mounted, yet...