Who in here likes to hunt?

Here’s your pig. This was Sunday before last.
715B15ED-8D63-4D93-A562-CE931AF39CD3.jpeg

Then on Tuesday my son shot this spike. The owner would only let us shoot does and spikes. He’s hunting with a .270 and we use these low recoil rounds that are 115 gr. I’ve never seen anything like these, they drop deer. This one was shot in the shoulder and he literally just fell over at 85 yds. Good meat.
81705A64-B7D6-4BAA-89DB-32A528F702D6.jpeg

Loaded up well on the TJ
F2AC94B1-1710-4706-87E7-95DA4FCA43FE.jpeg

Here’s a few more of the deer we saw but couldn’t shoot.
4F201C83-F766-4941-8DE7-876C94B287EC.jpeg

4C8DE8C5-B8B8-451A-833C-7A87E5D8DF03.jpeg

These are fairly young, 2.5 or so. The biggest mature buck we saw was probably 4.5. He was much larger in the hinds and neck and had a nice thick 5x5 (I’m catching on to the Northern way of doing it). He was too far away to take pics of though.

I once hunted.
If invited, I'd go but now I have more interest in being outdoors and shooting 'Kodak Moments' than shooting critters. Besides, there is almost no room in my itty-bitty RV freezer.
Pigs. I could help thin marauding herds, a sounder of swine, a team or passel of hogs.

944503_10151638013304524_539271231_n.jpg

Reactions: MikeM and JMT
View attachment 87180
I got this 10 point on a Friday. View attachment 87181
And the following Monday I went by myself and got to use the Sahara for what I bought it for. Got this 7 point on the cruise.
Nice Buck! Congratulations! A Whitetail is on my Bucket list. Have gotten plenty of Blacktail, just would like to get a Whitetail.

Nice Buck! Congratulations! A Whitetail is on my Bucket list. Have gotten plenty of Blacktail, just would like to get a Whitetail.
Thank you! I hunt in Alabama and started 4 years ago and the 10 point was my first buck but the 7 point meant just as much because he has a unique rack from fighting and I shot it and got to drag it out myself and load it up on the back of the Sahara all on my own.
A51F1109-72B6-41B5-B673-5E2FE7BF3ADC.jpeg

Reactions: MikeM and B B
Thank you! I hunt in Alabama and started 4 years ago and the 10 point was my first buck but the 7 point meant just as much because he has a unique rack from fighting and I shot it and got to drag it out myself and load it up on the back of the Sahara all on my own. View attachment 87221
I have taken a lot of Blacktail and every one is special to me.
Here is a Blacktail my wife took. Its the same with her ..... they are all special.
CIMG8076.JPG

No big trophies, but one of my boys got his first whitetail (doe) and yes it was small, but 2 years with out a good shot on one, and anything will work for your first addition to the groceries. Had a bobcat come out to the clearing that didn’t last long last year and the others are pics from one of three blinds on the property close to San Angelo Texas. It’s a great view of three different clearings from a cliff above a wash that runs through.

B606DD4A-C9BB-4FBA-A064-C32246B4BAF4.jpeg

39FBABB6-C309-4B09-B741-767BDB950371.jpeg

9CAFCA86-09FB-44D8-8B00-F391C0A16AE0.jpeg

5BDC2B53-822A-4AA8-8352-28B927405CD5.jpeg

3E62D322-DB6D-4A95-BB81-FB65303FB7FF.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: B B, MikeM and JMT
No big trophies, but one of my boys got his first whitetail (doe) and yes it was small, but 2 years with out a good shot on one, and anything will work for your first addition to the groceries. Had a bobcat come out to the clearing that didn’t last long last year and the others are pics from one of three blinds on the property close to San Angelo Texas. It’s a great view of three different clearings from a cliff above a wash that runs through.

View attachment 97880

View attachment 97881

View attachment 97882

View attachment 97883

View attachment 97884
That’s a beautiful wash from the ridge. Great job on the white tail and nice cat. I’ve seen a few but never pulled the trigger on one. I watched one for 10 minutes one time. He caught a mouse and played with it for five minutes before eating it and moving on.

That’s a beautiful wash from the ridge. Great job on the white tail and nice cat. I’ve seen a few but never pulled the trigger on one. I watched one for 10 minutes one time. He caught a mouse and played with it for five minutes before eating it and moving on.
We don’t want any predators of any kind on the place. Try to take care of them as soon as we can. I was in the blind one morning about 4am, and I heard a mountain lion scream and break the silence. I had seen tracks 50 yds behind the blind a few days earlier. Spooky sound to hear. Not what I want to meet up with at 3:30 on the 1/2 mile walk to the blind

Reactions: TJ Starting
We don’t want any predators of any kind on the place. Try to take care of them as soon as we can. I was in the blind one morning about 4am, and I heard a mountain lion scream and break the silence. I had seen tracks 50 yds behind the blind a few days earlier. Spooky sound to hear. Not what I want to meet up with at 3:30 on the 1/2 mile walk to the blind
I understand. I hunt S Texas annually which is where I see lots of stuff like bobcats, hogs, coyotes, et al.

Here at the house my bling is 40 yds from the house. We did catch a Mountain Lion on the game cam one year about 5 yards from The house. No kid got out of the coop for like 2 months. 🤣 foxes and coons and skunks are common, been seeing hogs on surrounding properties, so they’re here. White tail of course, everywhere

Spring turkey season... A banner year for me 5 birds 2 double beards and my all time best bird. Let's see some spring gobblers.

View attachment 97835

View attachment 97837

View attachment 97838

View attachment 97839

View attachment 97840
Nice turkeys! I was hoping to do some turkey hunting on the ranch this spring, but with all the road damage we bad this last winter, and working on the roads, then the Moab trip, pretty much shot my Turkey hunting. Archery deer season is right around the corner and I don't want to miss that, still have a bridge to put in yet.

Reactions: B B
Very nice! I was never a hunter but am an advocate for the 2nd amendment. I just bought a Black Angus Cow from a co-worker who raises them. No anti-biotics and steroids. Grain fed. Does that count? LOL!!!! Got two freezers full of meat for $3 a pound. :)
Good for you! I enjoy the good quality meat with hunting.

Very nice! I was never a hunter but am an advocate for the 2nd amendment. I just bought a Black Angus Cow from a co-worker who raises them. No anti-biotics and steroids. Grain fed. Does that count? LOL!!!! Got two freezers full of meat for $3 a pound. :)
Have done it with a few buddies. It is amazing how much better it was than store bought. And hard to beat t-bones, ribeyes, etc for a bit over 3 bucks a pound.

That was the main reason I did it was because the grain my co-worker uses does not have a bunch of fillers in it. He said the only time the heard would get any anti-biotics is if one get's pink eye and then the whole heard has to get the vaccine, but he said that has only happened once and few years ago. The meat tastes awesome! I'm hoping my Step-Son gets a deer this fall. And yes, the meat is way better than any store bought meat I've had!!! :)

Getting ready for our archery deer season in July. After surgery to both shoulders, I can't shoot my compound bow anymore. So I picked up this Ravin 10 crossbow this January. Getting it sighted in yesterday.
IMG_20190628_121016581_HDR.jpg

Reactions: TJ Starting
Very nice. I got the R9 as my back issues are catching up to me and surgery is next week. I bought it the year they came out and one word describes them... deadly! I would go as far as saying cheating, but it wouldn't want to offend anyone and legal is legal. Good luck with her, you won't believe how deadly the Ravin is.