Who in here likes to hunt?

My oldest and I are doing some predator control while we are out of buck tags in Iowa. Calling coons and yotes is a hoot!

1606763883578.png
1606765898097.png

Our gun deer opens this next weekend, though we choose to hunt the following season as we get two weekends to hunt vs just one... then it is on to the primitive weapons (muzzleloader) season.

Built a new 450BM this fall for our regular gun deer season (no necked cases) so I am looking forward to that

1606766250967.png

shoots well @ 100 (and is quite usable @ 200)

1606766383396.png

Keep after em boys... I enjoy reading the updates from everyone

1606766630926.png

My cousin hot this one a couple weeks ago at our place. 165 yds. He's twin brother to the one I am going to let go another year. Pic of the one I'm watching is on game camera. Also can't wait to see what this 8 looks like next year. Watched him at 65yds for 10 minutes a couple weeks ago.

20201025_143901.jpg

Resized_20201108_175859_1604882711603.jpeg

20201025_143901.jpg

20201025_145727.jpg

I live in New Zealand and enjoy hunting & fishing.
In New Zealand we have no hunting seasons except for game birds. We can hunt big game animals all year and access to public lands, where most of the prime hunting areas are located, is free.
It’s not difficult do get permission to hunt on private land, most farmers will give you access if you ask.
I guess we are very lucky here

In New Zealand we have no hunting seasons except for game birds. We can hunt big game animals all year and access to public lands, where most of the prime hunting areas are located, is free.
It’s not difficult do get permission to hunt on private land, most farmers will give you access if you ask.
That sounds like the way it should be done.

Reactions: mrjp and Rick Flair
Reactions: Chapman4266
New Zealand is on my bucket list. Breathtaking. Can visitors hunt too?

That sounds like the way it should be done.
Forgot to add that we have no bag limits either. Most people only take what they want to eat or a trophy quality animal. So the game herds are never decimated.
New Zealand is on my bucket list. Breathtaking. Can visitors hunt too

Me too. This is all west Texas low fence. He's gonna be a good one
Yes he is! We have a good Gene pool of Blacktail here on the ranch in Northern California. Nice to see some of these bucks mature to magnificent animals. A whitetail is on my list. I've taken a lot of Blacktail, some Mule deer, some day a Whitetail.

Reactions: Chapman4266
Yes visitors can hunt same rules as locals. A lot of visitors hire guides which can be expensive though
My father in law went there years ago to hunt. He hired a guide and yes it was expensive, he loved it though. He was told that during colonial times the British "stocked" New Zealand with trophy animals for hunting which may explain the reason for such good hunting today. On my list.

Sounds wonderful! That is a huge benefit of lower population density.