Who in here likes to hunt?

WOw awesome!! I lived in Central Coast area when I was in school and always wanted to get on a pig hunt there but not much public land around that area unfortunately. I did eventually get to hunt pigs with dogs + very large knife in Hawaii, wow now that is an amazing thing. It really mutes many other hunting methods, the bond with the dogs is so primal also. I LOVES pork.
I hunted pigs with my own dogs for over 30 years. It is exciting and can get very hairy at times when you get a big pissed off boar bayed up.

i hunt deer and waterfowl mostly.. but hunt wild turkey in spring some and with archery tackle in fall as well. I prefer archery mainly ..

i hunt deer and waterfowl mostly.. but hunt wild turkey in spring some and with archery tackle in fall as well. I prefer archery mainly ..
Archery hunting does make a good hunter out of you. When it's archery season for Turkey or deer, there are less hunters out. I've taken several Blacktail and a pig with my bow.

Archery hunting does make a good hunter out of you. When it's archery season for Turkey or deer, there are less hunters out. I've taken several Blacktail and a pig with my bow.
I have taken a few whitetail with bow and few turkeys also a couple coyotes and fox. we have bear here and a few pigs but i have never gotten a chance at either one.
i like the warmer weather of bow season here in snow country

Time to bring the thread back, anyone getting ready?
I’m checking cameras and hanging a couple pre-set climbing sticks in spots I know where deer travel/feed tomorrow. Might move some cameras around now that the beans are growing, and I need to check a small pond. I’m kind of excited about it.

Time to bring the thread back, anyone getting ready?
I’m checking cameras and hanging a couple pre-set climbing sticks in spots I know where deer travel/feed tomorrow. Might move some cameras around now that the beans are growing, and I need to check a small pond. I’m kind of excited about it.
We are in camp now. Tomorrow is opening day of archery deer season.

Reactions: Rick Flair and Indy
We are in camp now. Tomorrow is opening day of archery deer season.
Dang, is it hot there? It’s ridiculous here, humidity is high, I usually have to go sit in the creek to cool my core temp down. It really sucks the fun out of scouting. We have a velvet hunt weekend in August I’ll finally be around for, but it so damn hot I may skip it. We open last week of September, it’s coming quick, I really need to get my crap together.
Good luck!

Reactions: Rick Flair
Dang, is it hot there? It’s ridiculous here, humidity is high, I usually have to go sit in the creek to cool my core temp down. It really sucks the fun out of scouting. We have a velvet hunt weekend in August I’ll finally be around for, but it so damn hot I may skip it. We open last week of September, it’s coming quick, I really need to get my crap together.
Good luck!
72 degrees here at camp
IMG_20200710_193808031.jpg

Reactions: Rick Flair and Indy
i put cameras out a few weeks back
two old food plots planted and two new ones
so far one new stand out with 3 more new ones to go
and have moved 3-4 that have been out for few years
bow opens here October 1
been shooting a little when i get the chance

Reactions: Rick Flair