Who makes the highest quality hood louver?

Ok you guys made your point. 😂 I suppose heat louvers on the hood is better than my current setup - no hood at all. You just have to understand my engine is so pretty right now, I don’t want anything on it, even those dirty little water droplets!!

04E737B3-868E-42AD-8E8D-21B1522B19D1.jpeg

C4F3B689-0A3C-49FF-B77B-CECA0F23F7ED.jpeg

EBFF5E1B-50E9-47AD-B419-8FDBF96F1023.jpeg

I have had the PS one on for a couple of years and it still looks great no fading or pealing at all. I know others say they don't like the logo but honestly with a 4" lift, a 1" BL and 35's, you don't even notice the small logo yo in the center of the hood, and I have a white jeep. If you had a darker color jeep I don't think it would even show up.

IMG_4737.JPG

Price is right on this one. Any reason it says 2003-2006? Will it work on a 97?

i just got 1 from amazon was 103$ w/free shipping, it's the same .080 thickness GR claims.
i didn't want the spyder and GR was 40$ extra for shipping

it does not have a rivet option (unless you use big 1's), it comes with stainless hardware.
and powder coated black. unless the coating is crap i'm not seeing anything that would be reason to spend another 80$

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NL31QRS/?tag=wranglerorg-20

it does have some forward facing vents (those closest to the windscreen).

I'd like to put vents in my hood - but as it rains constantly here in Florida, I really want to minimize water run through. Buick style round ports on the sides of the hood would be great - can't find any decent ones though.

Did some research. The 97-2002 have 2 holes for washer fluid spray. The 03-06 have one hole For washer fluid spray.

I'd like to put vents in my hood - but as it rains constantly here in Florida, I really want to minimize water run through. Buick style round ports on the sides of the hood would be great - can't find any decent ones though.

We get a lot of those pop up storms in SC too. I’ve had my louvers on for 3 years now and haven’t had any problems. The only thing I’ve noticed with them is if it’s sit out and got rained on a lot, the fan belt will chirp on initial start up.

I think vents would help mine since the LS fills the under hood area. I am sure anything to creat more air flow would benefit the engine cooling. What I would like is some sort of side hood vents if anyone has suggestions. That way water is less likely to drain all over the motor.

Reactions: Zorba
I think vents would help mine since the LS fills the under hood area. I am sure anything to creat more air flow would benefit the engine cooling. What I would like is some sort of side hood vents if anyone has suggestions. That way water is less likely to drain all over the motor.

I’ve heard a few folks just do vented fenders with some positive results as well.

Reactions: 5632
That's where I'm at too - why I'm wanting Buick style ports.

Reactions: 5632
Another vote for the genright ones. I bought the 5-piece kit, but only installed 3. Takes a little more work than a 1-piece one, but I like the look better.

9B057AE3-9D4A-4589-A61C-621C8D215D4D.jpeg

0EC42159-7B74-4AE0-9309-4CC96F1B569A.jpeg

55129ACB-2027-400F-9947-CA23CB294CCB.jpeg

Reactions: Zorba