Why are my rear springs completely collapsed? (pics attatched - ford 8.8 swap)

what would do that?
Not sure could be a number of things. If you jack up the frame in the rear, not axle, how far do your springs extend to? Would be unlikely to have something binding other than shocks or you would have had trouble changing the springs recently.

Reactions: npalmi88
so, swap in teraflex 3"+ springs?
Great question. Best case you get to remove the spacer and gain 1 inch. But, that is still only 7 inches of spring.... So if you keep the spacer, add 3 inches you're now at 9. You would then need to add a small spacer to the front to level it out.

For shits and giggles can you measure the front spring? I'm curious if it is 12" or also low.

Not sure could be a number of things. If you jack up the frame in the rear, not axle, how far do your springs extend to? Would be unlikely to have something binding other than shocks or you would have had trouble changing the springs recently.
x2 Jack the jeep up from the rear bumper and see if the axle moves

The OP mentioned earlier that removing the shock didn't do anything, but I have a feeling it is limiting the spring. If possible, take off the shock when you do the suggested above and see if that spring goes back to normal.

If you normally carry a lot of weight look at old man emu springs. They have a heavier duty spring that has a higher spring rate. Spring rate is the amount of weight it takes to compress the spring 1" it won't affect ride quality. That's determined by the shock.

The OP mentioned earlier that removing the shock didn't do anything, but I have a feeling it is limiting the spring. If possible, take off the shock when you do the suggested above and see if that spring goes back to normal.

Just the opposite, when I changed them 4 or 5 months ago (all was same), I had to literally jack the body up just to get the schocks to fit. They are completely bottomed out.

Tonight I will jack up the body untill the wheels come off the ground and take a measurement pic for you guys, you have my word. I really appreciate the advice so far.

No one seem to notice that his lower ca are not stock. I bet someone out a lift kit in and then stole the springs for another Jeep.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Think I see some of the issue.

Hard top, tube steps, rear bumper, safari overhead rack, rear oversize spare tire/rim. They all weigh more than stock, and when added together they all contribute to your spring ride height.

Are the shocks bent? Have you driven it w/o shocks installed? Does the suspension pop, crackle or squeak when you hit a bump or cycle the suspension travel?

I'm thinking of a frozen rusted end link on one of the suspension arms.

But I suspect your Jeep needs to go on a diet, or add something like Old Man Emu rear HD springs, if those will yield enough ride height when they are at loaded capacity.

Reactions: Alex01
yes it is, do you think removing that and replacing my springs with Teraflex 3"+ springs would fix it? Maybe they previous owner disn't weld the spring plates in the right location?

I was just thinking how low the rear would be sitting without that spacer. This is an odd one. Someone mentioned what the bottom of the springs looked like and wondered if they were cut. These are OME HD 2 inch rear springs next to factory springs. OME makes the passengers side rear longer than the driver’s side. I hope this helps a little.
5DAC55C4-EF4D-4E52-928B-89239826C008.jpeg

BEB30124-2212-4C12-B3BB-DC13DDB2A00D.jpeg

Reactions: ranger101
After reviewing all the pictures, I think you just need springs probably 3+inches. Are your front springs 11 inches? If not how much taller? If shorter, how much?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk