Why can I only get Mexican radio channels in my TJ?

tr21triton

TJ Expert
Lifetime Supporting Member
can someone tell me why it is the only stations i can get really clear is the mesiacan stations or the classical music stations WTF ? i can get a rock or country station just long enough to get into it then it starts fading in and out :mad: BZZZZ !!!!!!! WTF was my jeep made in Mexico or just the radio ?

When I was a kid they used to broadcast really high power radio from Mexico and you could tune it in from Los Angeles. Now they broadcast from local AM/FM stations because most country and rock are on satellite or internet so it's cheap. In a way it's funny to think you've got the same thing playing in Georgia now. Advertising still reaches people with those two types of music on the radio, I guess rock and country don't sell pop tarts over AM/FM so they don't broadcast as much anymore.

Reactions: tr21triton
can someone tell me why it is the only stations i can get really clear is the mesiacan stations or the classical music stations WTF ? i can get a rock or country station just long enough to get into it then it starts fading in and out :mad: BZZZZ !!!!!!! WTF was my jeep made in Mexico or just the radio ?
How's your antenna? And do the FM stations have odd or even numbers in the last position, like 91.1 or 91.2? Odd numbers are what we have in the US. Some car radios FM bands are set for use outside of the US, not all can be changed to the US odd-frequencies.

Reactions: Blondie70
People still listen to the radio? 😮
well i try to. but i just ordered a queen cd. not that i like queen but i love to crank up "another one bites the dust" when i pass the emt's loading Evil Knievel into a ambulance so he can take a helicopter ride to the hospital which is daily up here in the N. Ga. mountains !

Reactions: Blondie70 and Chris
How's your antenna? And do the FM stations have odd or even numbers in the last position, like 91.1 or 91.2? Odd numbers are what we have in the US. Some car radios FM bands are set for use outside of the US, not all can be changed to the US odd-frequencies.
checked my antenna Jerry and thats it ! it says made in Mexico, sure am glad it doesn't say made in Chiner ! :ROFLMAO:

Seems that way with antenna TV also. No matter how I position my antenna I always get the novellas! Comical if you ask me.. as long as tacos are delicious, I’ll allow it.
Yea but at least Telemundo has HOT women

Unknown.png

well yall Jerry was right. went to the parts store and dang all they had was antenna's made in Chiner ! figured I'd try one. and you guessed it now all i hear is ching, chang, chong, chop suey, egg roll, won ton, fwied wice and covid ! 😷