Why do you need this in your trail kit?

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
This tool is known in the construction industry as a Dasco bar- They come in several sizes and their main purpose is to remove trim gently- This one is about 6 inches long.

The reason you might want to have one is it is ideal to bend your brake flange back at work when it starts to rub from playing in the rocks.

They can be picked up anywhere from a few dollars to 10 bucks and are sold in any hardware store and Lowe’s, Home Depot and most paint stores.

9CFE11AA-5137-42F6-B2D8-9AB82A24EA69.jpeg

This tool is known in the construction industry as a Dasco bar- They come in several sizes and their main purpose is to remove trim gently- This one is about 6 inches long.

The reason you might want to have one is it is ideal to bend your brake flange back at work when it starts to rub from playing in the rocks.

They can be picked up anywhere from a few dollars to 10 bucks and are sold in any hardware store and Lowe’s, Home Depot and most paint stores.

View attachment 516784

A baby cat claw!!!!!

View attachment 516784

Andy, could you clarify for those of us with poor visualization skills. What brake flange are we talking about?

Reactions: John Cooper
I haven't had a bent brake flange (yet) but more than once I have had a little stone or two wedged somewhere between the rotor, the dust shield and the caliper so having this fine tool out on the trail with me instead of lost somewhere in my garage seems like a good idea.