Why the 4 door models look off

I like my JKU.

View attachment 53404
View attachment 53405

So far, I like everything about it. It does everything I want/need it to do. And it’s paid off, like the TJ. :)
Getting a car paid off is definitely a bump to its sexy factor!

Also, great color choice. Darker, smokier blues/greens with a matte black plastic trim is a great look for any car.

Explain the difference
9cf3a748d632437e9b6ce7f4f64fcdb4.jpg
F143828025.jpg

That's actually a pretty fair argument against those of us who snub our noses at the 4-doors.

...that being said, I would argue that this is just proof that the JKU should be called a Cherokee instead of a Wrangler.

Also, I still find the old XJs to look a *lot* better than JKUs.

And unfortunately, this is what the Cherokee has been transformed into instead:
270101.jpg

Having a 2012 grand Cherokee, owning a 2015 JKUR, and having driven a brand new grand Cherokee, the JKU’s are nothing like the grand Cherokee.

The Grand Cherokee is a SUV. The JKU is still a Jeep. And this is coming from someone who has driven a TJ every day since 2005 when I bought it brand new.

I actually don't like a stock JKU, but i've seen quite a few nicely modded ones that look great. A nice medium lift, tire upgrade, and fender swap and you have a whole different looking JKU.

Reactions: mots
That's actually a pretty fair argument against those of us who snub our noses at the 4-doors.

...that being said, I would argue that this is just proof that the JKU should be called a Cherokee instead of a Wrangler.

Also, I still find the old XJs to look a *lot* better than JKUs.

And unfortunately, this is what the Cherokee has been transformed into instead:
View attachment 53422
I would like to use two words to describe this (but I can't)

I actually don't like a stock JKU, but i've seen quite a few nicely modded ones that look great. A nice medium lift, tire upgrade, and fender swap and you have a whole different looking JKU.

Yep, I agree. I just saw a white Rubicon tonight on my way home, same as in the pic shown in the OP. But, it was lifted and with 35's. It looked real nice...totally transformed it. I feel the same way about the TJ as well. Stock form is OK, but even just a 2" lift and 32's will transform them into a badass looking Jeep.

Reactions: EJD
I will say that I kind of like the unlimited based truck conversions. The proportions are good in this setup. I think the upcoming JL Jeep pickup truck will be s hit if priced well.

BruteDoubleCab-AEVHemi-Black-1.jpg

Reactions: mots
Yeah I cant get behind the 4 doors. A 2 dr JK with a lift and larger tires looks good other than the horrible mismatched fenders on them. Just my opinion.

Wranglers would be dead but for the JKU.
Agreed...I would not be in the TJ game if I did have my JKU first. It allowed me to use it with the kids as my daily driver and get me into the Jeep mindset. After I traded it on the wife's car I missed having one so much I went out and got the TJ as a second....OK fourth vehicle.