Why the Pontiac Solstice

JEEPCJTJ

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Half way between Pittsburgh and Cleveland
when the Saturn Sky looked so much better?

I always thought the Saturn had a much better grille but yesterday I saw these parked about 100 feet apart. It looks like nothing but the doors and windshield are the same and everything that looks different is better on the Saturn.

At least the grille was somewhat hidden on this Pontiac.

IMG_20200822_170801733_HDR.jpg IMG_20200822_170832904_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200822_170754061_HDR.jpg IMG_20200822_170822937_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200822_170742772_HDR.jpg IMG_20200822_170815592_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Ephry73
Funny, read the title and was going to say that I liked the Solstice but the Sky was a better looking vehicle. LOL

Reactions: JEEPCJTJ
I enjoyed the reality show where they raced one of those cars. Can’t recall what it was though.

Edit: Setup

Funny you should say this....

I much prefer the Pontiac's clean looks. In fact I like them so much I'm looking at one of these at the moment.

1598220739394.png

This is the GXP coupe with the targa top. They made about 2000 of them in the final year for Pontiac.

• Love
Reactions: Squatch
Funny you should say this....

I much prefer the Pontiac's clean looks. In fact I like them so much I'm looking at one of these at the moment.

View attachment 185683

This is the GXP coupe with the targa top. They made about 2000 of them in the final year for Pontiac.

The GXP is what the base should have been in the first place.

Good luck on the purchase!

I preferred the Pontiac's looks over the Saturn's as well. Nothing beats an old MG though (in looks, that is!). Nothing wrong with a Miata either.

Reactions: Rick Flair
Probably? :LOL:
I'm surprised there isn't more interest in the S2000? It's better looking than the Miata in my opinion.

I'd like to add I know nothing about the s2000 other than it's sized similarly to the miata

Having owned both, I can tell you that the Miata is the better choice. The S2000 makes all its power to top, and even in the AP2 which fixed that, it’s very expensive to own and maintain. In addition, the Miata is easier to build and tune, and actually handles better. Granted the S2000 is faster stock, the Miata is much more capable. There’s a reason they are so commonly raced. Very cheap to own too.

Reactions: Rick Flair and Vasq
when the Saturn Sky looked so much better?

I always thought the Saturn had a much better grille but yesterday I saw these parked about 100 feet apart. It looks like nothing but the doors and windshield are the same and everything that looks different is better on the Saturn.

At least the grille was somewhat hidden on this Pontiac.

View attachment 185607 View attachment 185608

View attachment 185609 View attachment 185610

View attachment 185611 View attachment 185612
Solstice over the Sky, for me. S2000 over the Miata. Fiero over the Fiat X-19. Second gen Corvair over any of them. ;)

Solstice over the Sky, for me. S2000 over the Miata. Fiero over the Fiat X-19. Second gen Corvair over any of them. ;)

What about the original MR2. I had one of those that was supercharged and did a little work to it and raced it in SCCA events. The mods got it up to about 200HP with a table flat curve. It was a little hard to handle with all the weight in the back. Fun car though.

What about the original MR2. I had one of those that was supercharged and did a little work to it and raced it in SCCA events. The mods got it up to about 200HP with a table flat curve. It was a little hard to handle with all the weight in the back. Fun car though.
Didn't the original MR2 actually have the tie rods from a Corolla or Camry in the back end of them, as it used the front engine cradle from one of those cars? Of course, the tie rods were not related to any kind of rear steering, or anything. They were just affixed to something stationary.