Wild Boar grab bars

Erik V

TJ Enthusiast
This past weekend I installed a set of Wild Boar grab handles. man I wish I did this a long time ago, what a difference it makes in getting in my Jeep.
For under $25 it’s WELL worth it.
0ACBD843-EFEA-494A-BD5A-363D10D4C5EF.jpeg

Definitely one of the best "cheap" mods you can do, no doubt about it.

I will have to keep an eye out for them, currently there are a lot of JK handles but only a $40 pink set for the TJ.
Thanks

Search “jeep tj grab bars aluminum”. for whatever reason they aren’t advertised as Wild Boar on ebay
Are all Wild Boar grab handles aluminum? I don't specifically remember on mine but as I think back to the installation it seems like they were heavy enough to be steel. I probably would have noticed them being lighter than expected if they had been aluminum.

What year is your jeep? On the newer years (04-06), you need to cut a hole in the upper windshield plastic piece. No probs?

Last edited:
Reactions: mikespine
Are all Wild Boar grab handles aluminum? I don't specifically remember on mine but as I think back to the installation it seems like they were heavy enough to be steel. I probably would have noticed them being lighter than expected if they had been aluminum.

Honestly i have no clue, i was trying to find them to purchase myself and someone said above they were aluminum.

What year is your jeep? On the newer years (cutoff?), you need to cut a hole in the upper windshield plastic piece. No probs?
Yep I had to use a pair of scissors to trim a little corner out of the plastic trim piece. I should have removed that plastic trim piece years ago, it just gets in the way.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Yes, they are not advertised as Wild Boar on eBay and I believe there’s no mention of them being aluminum either.
For $25 bucks I wasn’t really expecting much but I am pretty darn happy with them.
I did take a few measurements and made some holes in the plastic piece for a nice somewhat clean install.
They did replace my nylon strap grab handles that lasted less than a year.

Reactions: mikespine
Do you feel like these are strong enough to support someone that is 215 pounds pulling on them while climbing in the Jeep? Chineseium and the welds that go along with it does not inspire confidence all the time. I am specifically asking about the wild boar ones. This is something that is more of a splurge and not a necessity so I cannot justify the $86 price of the USA made grabars.

Well I’m 230lbs and feel very confident when pulling myself up in my Jeep.
For the grab bars being aluminum I don’t feel any flex at all and I put them through the test for the past 2 weeks.
All good in my book.

I received them but one of them is missing a grip so I am dealing with that issue. Also, I have been working on other things with the Jeep like new wiring/switches/relay panel, JK turn signals in the grill and cutting down my bumper so these have been put on the bottom of the list for right now. They feel pretty solid but I have not attached them yet. Once I do I will update this for reference.

IMG_0704.JPG