Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

So I couldn't sleep so I went back out to the garage for a while and looked at my idea for mounting these brackets. Since the motor mounts have an angle to them I'm going to weld a tab next to the MM's so that I have a flat area to bolt the brackets to.

20210330_005115.jpg

Once I get done drilling the brackets today I'll post up the pictures to show what I'm trying to do.

20210330_005144.jpg

The tab will go next to the MM but will give me a flat spot to bolt the bracket to.

Glad you and you daughter are on the mend, Rick. I don’t know why, but something tells me that you got a cool birthday present which helped you feel better...

I'm not anywhere close to what you're doing Rick. However, when I can't work the Jeep, I miss it. When I can, it brings me peace, in between cussing fits :D, and helps keep my mind sharp and body moving. The good news is, it will sit there patiently waiting for me. Definitely can't say that about the family! :rolleyes:

Well I didn't get anything done today but I did get my LubeLocker reusable gasket for my transmission today. So now both axles and the trans will have them. I need to order a different tans pan also. One that has a port for a transmission temperature probe & a drain plug to make changing trans fluid easier.

20210331_154416.jpg

It's a choice between these two pans. I can't get one that is too deep as I only have about 2" from the bottom of the stock pan to the skid palte.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006FNRCXY/?tag=wranglerorg-20

1617232352610.png

Or this one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008A48YEM/?tag=wranglerorg-20

1617232398371.png

Stop posting and go work on the jeep 🤣

Have you been waiting on parts? I haven't got my build update fix for a while it seems like.

Been waiting on some parts and I also need to finish my mounts for the skid plate.

I got my new steel vent & fuel line today. Had to do a lot of searching to find these and I'll have to open the box up tomorrow and make sure they are correct lines.

20210409_193128.jpg

Been dealing with other things around the house so I need to get back into the garage and work.

• Wow
Reactions: Vasq and Alex01
Been waiting on some parts and I also need to finish my mounts for the skid plate.

I got my new steel vent & fuel line today. Had to do a lot of searching to find these and I'll have to open the box up tomorrow and make sure they are correct lines.

View attachment 242414

Been dealing with other things around the house so I need to get back into the garage and work.
Thats one hell of a box. What was shipping on that thing 6 flat rates?

Stop posting and go work on the jeep 🤣

Have you been waiting on parts? I haven't got my build update fix for a while it seems like.
I agree, it's been a minute. Get your shit together. Its almost wheeling season in the PNW!!! My ford should be fixed next week and then I'm ready to test some baja bosses.

Once he gets it done I'll need to tow the jeep up to Washington and see what you guys have to offer. Nothing like cleaning mud off the jeep for 2 years and remembering a wheeling trip every time a rock goes into your eyes when you loosen a bolt under the jeep.

I agree, it's been a minute. Get your shit together. Its almost wheeling season in the PNW!!! My ford should be fixed next week and then I'm ready to test some baja bosses.

Well being sick ate away at 2 weeks of my time and then having to got to the VA eats up a whole day. I've got a few more appointments with the VA coming up but since I am volunteering for research I'm also making some extra money. I have one appointment next week where I'll be there for 6+ hours. But they're paying me $30 per hour plus mileage. So that will almost pay for my transmission pan. I like that.

Once he gets it done I'll need to tow the jeep up to Washington and see what you guys have to offer. Nothing like cleaning mud off the jeep for 2 years and remembering a wheeling trip every time a rock goes into your eyes when you loosen a bolt under the jeep.

Hehehe,
I'm sure I can find you a spot to park your stuff while you're here. During the summer there isn't as much mud to deal with.
But yep I so much enjoy getting a face full of dirt and rocks as I'm trying to fix something.

IMG_1022.JPG

And this was after hosing off the under carriage of the Jeep for a while too.

But you get views like this on some of the better trails. This was my ex's CJ5 that her dad had given her. She'd driven this Jeep in high school.

IMG_8907.JPG

Is that rainier in the back ground?

Yes it is. This is the Rim Rock area over off Hwy 12 west of Naches, WA. Rainer is always a great back drop for photo ops.

All these pictures are from 2013 and the last time I was wheeling was this trip.

IMG_8852.JPG

IMG_8855.JPG

IMG_8906.JPG

Just a little dirt, it'll wash right off. :rolleyes: 🙃😉

IMG_3240_zps3508e8f7.jpg

I've got a few more appointments with the VA coming up but since I am volunteering for research I'm also making some extra money
Are they putting monkeys in space again?🤣🤣

Just playing, I know how a day at the VA goes. Hope they’re treating you well up there, mine here is pretty good. I was just reevaluated for my disability. Outcome: good 👍🏼
Glad you’re feeling better and getting back to wrenching!