Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

One of the Dodge magnum V-8 groups I'm in on FB has a member that has been working on a project that I've found interesting.
He's taken the individual coil packs from a LS type configuration and has adopted them to the magnum V-8 he's swapped into his YJ.

1631888478951.png

This allows better tuning ability and control over the spark. I'm not totally clear how he's done all this but once he's gotten a few more things worked out he's promised to share all the info and a parts list for anyone who wants to copy it.

The FedEx saga continues with my packages stuck in Troutdale, OR while they try to figure out how to pull their heads out of their asses. I've got 3 different shipments stuck there as of today, but that could change.

One of the Dodge magnum V-8 groups I'm in on FB has a member that has been working on a project that I've found interesting.
He's taken the individual coil packs from a LS type configuration and has adopted them to the magnum V-8 he's swapped into his YJ.

View attachment 277381

This allows better tuning ability and control over the spark. I'm not totally clear how he's done all this but once he's gotten a few more things worked out he's promised to share all the info and a parts list for anyone who wants to copy it.

The FedEx saga continues with my packages stuck in Troutdale, OR while they try to figure out how to pull their heads out of their asses. I've got 3 different shipments stuck there as of today, but that could change.
FedEx has sucked big time with deliveries for a while now. And Troutdale is the big black hole that sucks packages in, even for me here in NorCal!

But judging by the ball of spaghetti wiring challenge under the hood of that YJ, he’s got a ways to go before he shares any ignition secrets!

Although, who knows, two pots of coffee and an all nighter might straighten out that rats nest! 😸

But I am curious about why he’s using GM coils. A coil’s a coil, what could be the difference?

Reactions: Wildman

View attachment 277381

Rick - that engine is so ugly I thought it was an LS…..

;)

(A little Hemi-Humor there)

FedEx has sucked big time with deliveries for a while now. And Troutdale is the big black hole that sucks packages in, even for me here in NorCal!

But judging by the ball of spaghetti wiring challenge under the hood of that YJ, he’s got a ways to go before he shares any ignition secrets!

Although, who knows, two pots of coffee and an all nighter might straighten out that rats nest! 😸

But I am curious about why he’s using GM coils. A coil’s a coil, what could be the difference?

Well talking to him his reasoning behind this is the individual coils for each cylinder. Faster recovery and better spark.

Yes that birds nest of wires is a project. He commented on it and said that he plans on shortening the wires to clean things up. But he was just trying to get it running first.

FedEx is on my shit list right now and will stay there until they get their act together.

Reactions: Blondie70
Well talking to him his reasoning behind this is the individual coils for each cylinder. Faster recovery and better spark.

Yes that birds nest of wires is a project. He commented on it and said that he plans on shortening the wires to clean things up. But he was just trying to get it running first.

FedEx is on my shit list right now and will stay there until they get their act
So that must be an early V8 with an HEI distributor.

The Dodge magnum V-8 is like the 4 or 6 cyl engines where the computer is running the coil. I can't give you the exact explanation I'd have to go find it all for you. I'll take ya a picture of the distributor tomorrow. So by going to the individual coil per cylinder it's going suppose to be better.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Worked on getting things ready do install the SWAG body mounts and welded up the rear Savvy brackets but have to wait to do the fronts as my jack stands are in the way. Got the frame plated behind the rear Savvy bracket also. They ain't the prettiest welds but they'll hold.

And the FedEx sage MIGHT finally be over with. I've got a delivery date of 9/18/21 which is only the 4th time I've been told it will be delivered so I ain't gunna hold my breath but do hope that they will actually finally be delivered.

You'll hear about it one way or the other tomorrow.

This is becoming almost comical now. Their saying it's been changed to Monday now but at the same time the dumb FUCKS say it's on the truck for delivery..... One hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

Screenshot (92).png

• Face Palm
Reactions: DrDmoney
I was to the point where I thought a FedEx truck was something akin to Bigfoot or a Unicorn since I hadn't seen one for so long. And I really questioned when and IF I was ever gunna get my skids from UCF.

20210918_092007.jpg

As you can see they do exists and are not only the thing of fables and fairytales.

Guess what FINALLY and I do mean FINALLY got here..... It only took 16 days and more than one hick-up along the way. And YES this shit is HEAVY but it's steel and I knew it would be. I've just got to decide if I'm gunna power coat them or just paint them.

20210918_092002.jpg

So I got these to play with along with working on the raised body mounts.

FedEx is on my shit list right now and will stay there until they get their act together

We are providing excellent service given extremely challenging circumstances. We prioritize our shipments given urgency and contribution toward the public good. Ventilators are at the top of the list, Jeep parts are at the bottom.

And just to be clear: we know where you live. Future shipments will be scutenized to an even higher degree to ensure delivery at the last possible moment - just soon enough to avoid the lawsuit.

Mr. Wildman - You are on our list as well..... Bwahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa !!!!

We are providing excellent service given extremely challenging circumstances. We prioritize our shipments given urgency and contribution toward the public good. Ventilators are at the top of the list, Jeep parts are at the bottom.

And just to be clear: we know where you live. Future shipments will be scutenized to an even higher degree to ensure delivery at the last possible moment - just soon enough to avoid the lawsuit.

If you scutenize his shipments as closely as you do your forum posts I doubt @Wildman is worried. Though may explain some of his issues 🧐🧐

Funny since as a company you're doing a shitty job of providing anything close to what could be considered service.

This BULLSHIT about prioritizing shipments and using ventilators as a excuse just shows how lame you are.
COVID has been going on now for 18 months and is no longer a explanation or excuse for not fulfilling your job of delivering items even lowly Jeep parts 🙄.

Good 👍 thing you know where I live cause the next time you want a tow when your delivery van is stuck in the snow ❄ I might have to prioritize my services.

OK rear two body mounts are welded on.

20210918_141509.jpg

Then fired up the plasma cutter and it was quick work of removing the center body mounts.

20210918_141440.jpg

Then a little bit of time with a flapper disk and it's ready for the raised mounts.

20210918_144714.jpg

Time for a cigar.

OK rear two body mounts are welded on.

View attachment 277626

Then fired up the plasma cutter and it was quick work of removing the center body mounts.

View attachment 277625

Then a little bit of time with a flapper disk and it's ready for the raised mounts.

View attachment 277627

Time for a cigar.
Nice work Rick - that certainly looks familiar. After I scutenized your pictures, I really like the added touch of the backing plate behind the mount. Nicely done....

Nice work Rick - that certainly looks familiar. After I scutenized your pictures, I really like the added touch of the backing plate behind the mount. Nicely done....

Well I wish I could take credit for the backing plate but for whatever reason the mounts didn't want to lineup to the frame like they should so I sent some different thickness pieces of metal up there until I found something that would fill the space. The added plus to it is that this is where the frame stretch is. So it's now plated on the inside & outside of the frame.

I only got those done today as I got distracted with my new skid plate. I'd put the skid under the Jeep when I first got it out in the garage this morning. first thing I found was that it was gunna take some modifications.

20210918_113152.jpg

So I marked the lip where I'd need to notch the skid to clear transmission pan. And then while I had the plasma cutter fired up taking the body mounts off I went ahead and cut the skid also. So after my cigar break I slapped the skid plate back up to see how it looks.

20210918_164925.jpg

20210918_165005.jpg

Clears the pan really nice now.

20210918_165153.jpg

With it connected to the engine it will raise the front of the transmission a little.

20210918_165212.jpg

And I'm really really glad that I didn't get the 1" drop skid the offer as it would not have fit. And it really isn't that much compared to a stock kid. Yes I know it isn't a flat skid but it'll work.

20210918_165427.jpg

Here's what the Dodge magnum V-8 distributor looks like. It has a pickup in it and that is it. Now most people say the Dodge ignition system is good to 5K RPM's. I never had any issues with mine reving up but then again I won't know until I try something different and find out what I've been missing.

20210918_112311.jpg

Here's what the Dodge magnum V-8 distributor looks like. It has a pickup in it and that is it. Now most people say the Dodge ignition system is good to 5K RPM's. I never had any issues with mine reving up but then again I won't know until I try something different and find out what I've been missing.

View attachment 277654
Interesting.

What year motor?