Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Looking at your pics gave me an idea for routing my coax. I really wanted to move my antenna to the tailgate, so why not just route it in the gate and drill a small exit hole. Duh!
I used the holes for the 3rd brake light but yes I have a coax that had the bare ends and it fed through no problem.
I can get you better pictures of both sides if you want.
My antenna mount is a piece of angle iron.

Reactions: bobthetj03
So I figured I'd do a little mock up for the rear AR and of course came up with a issue. To clear the upper air bag bracket I've either got to use the bent arms.

20211130_092237.jpg

Or if I use the straight arms they'll hit the upper bracket.

20211130_092350.jpg

But then laying a straight arm under a bent arm shows that it's length is in-between the 2nd and 3rd hole.

20211130_092613.jpg

With the AR pushed as far forward as I can get it here is where I'm sitting.

20211130_092809.jpg

I'd have to trim off the first 3 holes. Which really isn't much shorter than the bent arms. Then I could use the multi hole axle brackets.

20211130_092816.jpg

I can't verify any of this until I get my new tires and the rear axle rebuilt.

20211130_093151.jpg

It's just a SHAME that some people can't deal with others or share that knowledge without expecting you to follow it to the T. Sorry my rant for the week. Just chaps my ass that I'm accused of ignoring advice or not following it when IMO I did on a lot of it that was given. Just because I happen to be doing things different than the advice given doesn't mean I ignored it. I learned from it and stored it away for future reference. What BUGS me more is that then I'm put on ignore and treated like we're back in fucking grade school. Grow up and realize that we all have a mind and are different. I sure don't want my Jeep to look or be built the same as everyone else's rig. I LIKE being different. And if once I'm done I find out I made mistakes and should have followed said advice I'm man enough to admit it and go back and fix what I messed up.

I'm like you, I'm here to share in something I truely enjoy and to learn about how others approach a problem or issue. I want to see others builds for ideas or just to enjoy. And the sharing of knowledge shouldn't come with a stipulation IMO.

OK back to our regular scheduled program. Everyone have a nice day.
It's a great thing. Cleans up your thread quite a bit. They self identify as D-bags and go away.
Besides you get more done by accident then they set out to do in a day!

OK I started my day off with a grumpy teenager. She had a friend over and I have no idea what time she went to sleep. But I started waking her up at 9 AM. Not a happy camper.

Got the bedliner mixed up and ready to spray into the tub.

View attachment 293168

Damn am I sexy or what?

View attachment 293169

View attachment 293170

View attachment 293171

Had to open up a door the fumes were so bad.
Looks great! Are you planning to install the OEM carpet kit over that nice job you did OR adding just some floor mats?

Looks great! Are you planning to install the OEM carpet kit over that nice job you did OR adding just some floor mats?

No I dislike carpet. I haven't done it in a few years but I've sunk my Jeep before enough that I had water up to the bottom of the seats. The carpet was a PITA to get out and then worse to try and clean and it never smelled right again. Granted I've never tried the BedRug that @Irun suggested but I like this better to be honest.

My plan is to just try it with the bedliner and then if I find I don't like it I'll get some of the molded floor mats from Husky or Quadretec.
The back is going to be mostly covered by a Tuffy security drawer.

Looking at your pics gave me an idea for routing my coax. I really wanted to move my antenna to the tailgate, so why not just route it in the gate and drill a small exit hole. Duh!

I know you didn't ask but here are some pictures of the tailgate.

20211130_204007.jpg

I have to tie the antenna down or it hits the garage door.
20211130_204019.jpg

I haven't had the 3rd brake light for years. So reusing that hole made sense.
20211130_204057.jpg

So I figured I'd do a little mock up for the rear AR and of course came up with a issue. To clear the upper air bag bracket I've either got to use the bent arms.

View attachment 293422

View attachment 293423

But then laying a straight arm under a bent arm shows that it's length is in-between the 2nd and 3rd hole.

View attachment 293424

View attachment 293425

I'd have to trim off the first 3 holes. Which really isn't much shorter than the bent arms. Then I could use the multi hole axle brackets.

View attachment 293426

View attachment 293427
Small bend with a press and you'll clear. Quick and dirty but I'm sure you'll get the concept.
20211130_204854.jpg
20211130_204847.jpg
20211130_204944.jpg
20211130_205008.jpg
20211130_205022.jpg

View attachment 293422

View attachment 293423

View attachment 293424

View attachment 293425

View attachment 293426

View attachment 293427
The straight arm looks like plate or rolled steel, can it be bent a little? I see the bent arm looks cast, no dice moving that.

No I dislike carpet. I haven't done it in a few years but I've sunk my Jeep before enough that I had water up to the bottom of the seats. The carpet was a PITA to get out and then worse to try and clean and it never smelled right again. Granted I've never tried the BedRug that @Irun suggested but I like this better to be honest.

My plan is to just try it with the bedliner and then if I find I don't like it I'll get some of the molded floor mats from Husky or Quadretec.
The back is going to be mostly covered by a Tuffy security drawer.
Rick,

If possible, stay away from the molded floor mats. I had a Husky version that twice got stuck on the accelerator pedal. That scared the crap out of me, so never again!

In your case, definitely skip the BedRug. The texture doesn't really work for your kind of use. However, if you decide you need a floor mat, take a look at the BedTred. It's more like a molded mat, but they fit very nicely. The front 3 piece kit is around $200 now. The other plus is they have small heat shields that get installed along with the BedTred.

https://bedrug.com/bedtred-jeep-floor-liner/2002/jeep/wrangler

The straight arm looks like plate or rolled steel, can it be bent a little? I see the bent arm looks cast, no dice moving that.

That is what Alex did with his. I'll try giving it a small bend once I have the axle ready.

Going to work on the dash today and try to get it ready for the stereo install I'd bought this stereo last year during the Black Friday sales.

20211201_104734.jpg

20211201_104751.jpg

And then the dual din dash from Metra.

20211201_104842.jpg

With the GR center console it covers the lower holes for the switch panel and ash tray.

Reactions: Wildman
So part of installing the new center dash piece requires me to test fit the GR center console also.

20211201_153110.jpg

And of course there is always a issue since nothing is stock.

20211201_144850.jpg

20211201_144911.jpg

I had to trim the sides down a bit to get it to fit flush.

20211201_160341.jpg

And then because I'd ordered it when they first released it I'd gotten a panel with the radio cutout also.

20211201_153121.jpg

But a quick call 📞 to GR has the correct one coming.