Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

My daughter is going to her mom's house for Thanksgiving so I'm out in the garage. I bought this plastic sheeting that has tape already attached.

View attachment 292488

View attachment 292489

I've got 2.5" between the body and frame to snake the exhaust pipe through.

View attachment 292490

View attachment 292491

And I'd guess you'd want 1/4" on all sides of the pipe so it wouldn't rattle?
I'll have to try doing a search for how others have done this 🤔?
Check out spin tech they offer oval exhaust tubing and adapters. https://spintechmufflers.com/oval-tubing-chart/

Alright I know you all might be getting tired of these pictures but DAMN am I proud of how this turned out. If that one spot wasn't messed up I'd call it a great job.

20211129_233716.jpg

20211129_233722.jpg

I am really happy with how it is drying.

20211129_233743.jpg

I can remove the tape from the wires tomorrow and finish getting the tape off. Then it'll be onto the next project.

Alright I know you all might be getting tired of these pictures but DAMN am I proud of how this turned out. If that one spot wasn't messed up I'd call it a great job.

View attachment 293357

View attachment 293358

I am really happy with how it is drying.

View attachment 293359

I can remove the tape from the wires tomorrow and finish getting the tape off. Then it'll be onto the next project.
With the one spot, it's still a fantastic job. Having been down to just the tub a couple times, this is a huge undertaking and although we joke with you, job well done sir! (y)

With the one spot, it's still a fantastic job. Having been down to just the tub a couple times, this is a huge undertaking and although we joke with you, job well done sir! (y)
Thank you Rich.

Please don't ever stop joking or poking fun at me. It keeps me on my toes and it let's me know someone is reading my thread. Plus I really and I mean really do listen to all the advice given and try to follow it when I can. And even when I don't I don't disregard it or ignore it. I can't express how much I appreciate everyone's comments. And if you look at all the suggestions and ideas that have been thrown my way. Sometimes I can't see the forest.

Thank you Rich.

Please don't ever stop joking or poking fun at me. It keeps me on my toes and it let's me know someone is reading my thread. Plus I really and I mean really do listen to all the advice given and try to follow it when I can. And even when I don't I don't disregard it or ignore it. I can't express how much I appreciate everyone's comments. And if you look at all the suggestions and ideas that have been thrown my way. Sometimes I can't see the forest.
I'm not a "social media" type, so I hang out here for two reasons. First, I get to learn some incredibly useful information and expand my own technical abilities. Second, I get to meet some liked minded quality folks, who are willing to share what they know, what they don't, or their own journey to self discovery.

In an age where everyone gets a hug and a trophy for being mediocre, it's nice to come to a place where you get a kick in the pants every now and then, and told you are mediocre. If you're open to it, you realize that kick was just a nudge to make you a better person. If you're not, well, you're just close minded. My contemplative thought for the day is now done! ;)

I'm not a "social media" type, so I hang out here for two reasons. First, I get to learn some incredibly useful information and expand my own technical abilities. Second, I get to meet some liked minded quality folks, who are willing to share what they know, what they don't, or their own journey to self discovery.

In an age where everyone gets a hug and a trophy for being mediocre, it's nice to come to a place where you get a kick in the pants every now and then, and told you are mediocre. If you're open to it, you realize that kick was just a nudge to make you a better person. If you're not, well, you're just close minded. My contemplative thought for the day is now done! ;)

It's just a SHAME that some people can't deal with others or share that knowledge without expecting you to follow it to the T. Sorry my rant for the week. Just chaps my ass that I'm accused of ignoring advice or not following it when IMO I did on a lot of it that was given. Just because I happen to be doing things different than the advice given doesn't mean I ignored it. I learned from it and stored it away for future reference. What BUGS me more is that then I'm put on ignore and treated like we're back in fucking grade school. Grow up and realize that we all have a mind and are different. I sure don't want my Jeep to look or be built the same as everyone else's rig. I LIKE being different. And if once I'm done I find out I made mistakes and should have followed said advice I'm man enough to admit it and go back and fix what I messed up.

I'm like you, I'm here to share in something I truely enjoy and to learn about how others approach a problem or issue. I want to see others builds for ideas or just to enjoy. And the sharing of knowledge shouldn't come with a stipulation IMO.

OK back to our regular scheduled program. Everyone have a nice day.

Thank you Rich.

That paint job sucks!

🙂

About 90% of the stuff that flaked off came up with the vacuum.
I also got all the tape off the wires. And the brake pedal and steering shaft.

20211130_075619.jpg

The rear wiring harness is back in place.
CB coax wire is fine and can be put back.

20211130_075623.jpg

Passenger side cleaned up with hardly any of the flakes left.

20211130_075737.jpg

Drivers side about the same.

20211130_075817.jpg

And then that one spot that will bug me.

20211130_075822.jpg

I can start working on the center dash area for the dual din stereo. And then the GR center console.

About 90% of the stuff that flaked off came up with the vacuum.
I also got all the tape off the wires. And the brake pedal and steering shaft.

View attachment 293396

The rear wiring harness is back in place.
CB coax wire is fine and can be put back.

View attachment 293397

Passenger side cleaned up with hardly any of the flakes left.

View attachment 293398

Drivers side about the same.

View attachment 293399

And then that one spot that will bug me.

View attachment 293400

I can start working on the center dash area for the dual din stereo. And then the GR center console.
You’ll forget about it before too long! Could you just spray more textured stuff on it to blend it in more?

Reactions: Wildman
You’ll forget about it before too long! Could you just spray more textured stuff on it to blend it in more?

I guess I could try if I could find a matching color. The left over bedliner went out in the garbage this morning. Plus it sets up fast once you mix it.
I'm sure you're correct about me forgetting about it.

This hole that was in the GR transmission tunnel cover is sealed now. I'd put tape on the bottom side of it so I wouldn't get Lizard Skin or bedliner on the transmission. The tape isn't there anymore. I'm not sure yet if I want to punch it through or not. I've got to put the STaK's shifter cables through some place. I just found it interesting.

20211130_085111.jpg

I mounted the tailgate stricker plate back on so the tailgate would stay closed.

20211130_084420.jpg