Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I finally gave up and turned the heat up even higher around 2 AM.
Second coat is done and drying now.

20211127_104706.jpg

Now I'll let it dry for 2 days before I remove the plastic and get things ready for the bedliner.

I finally gave up and turned the heat up even higher around 2 AM.
Second coat is done and drying now.

View attachment 292820

Now I'll let it dry for 2 days before I remove the plastic and get things ready for the bedliner.
You borrow some impatience from my build thread throughout the night? Ill need that back when i start working on mine again.

You borrow some impatience from my build thread throughout the night? Ill need that back when i start working on mine again.
It wasn't drying as fast as the directions said. But it also said if it was below 60* it wouldn't dry. So I just finally said screw it.
It's warm in here now.

Instead of just watching paint dry I did some maintenance on my garage. The old outside door light I'd installed the bulb was burnt out and I couldn't find a replacement. So I installed a new light fixture with a photocell so I don't have to remember to turn it off during the day.

20211127_133235.jpg

Had to cover the photocell and test it out.

20211127_133221.jpg

Should be nice not tripping around in the dark anymore.

The Lizard Skin is drying really nice now that I've got the heat turned up. Gunna hate to see my electric bill.

20211127_145601.jpg

20211127_145653.jpg

Do have a few spots where I'd bumped it but nothing terrible.

20211127_145609.jpg

Overall I'm happy with how it was to spray on. If I'd had the cage removed and the dash disassembled it would have made things easier.

got the heat up i see, seems to help.

the heat rises and your roll bars are the tallest thing. what if you took a box fan and laid it up there flat so it'd push that warmest air down through the tub.
if you can draw that warmest air and direct the current you might could turn it back down a bit.

got the heat up i see, seems to help.

the heat rises and your roll bars are the tallest thing. what if you took a box fan and laid it up there flat so it'd push that warmest air down through the tub.
if you can draw that warmest air and direct the current you might could turn it back down a bit.

Good idea. I'll see what I have since I don't have a box fan. If I can make the smaller fan I have work I'll give it a shot.

Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
WOW having the heat turned up sure makes a huge difference.
I'm still going to wait until tomorrow before I start to spray in the bedliner but the Lizard Skin is drying really fast now. And IMO it's looking great.

20211128_082900.jpg

20211128_082934.jpg

20211128_082814.jpg

If you want to spray just the Lizard Skin products they do offer a top coat paint. It all comes down to what you want.
It'd be interesting if someone would spray in the sound deadening coating and be able to compare it to other products. You can spray the sound deadening product in your doors and on your hard top if desired.

If you are wanting to install both the sound deadening coating and heat coating the sound deadening product is installed first. Just something to think about for those of you who are considering doing this. The other thing is that this can be sprayed on the underside of the tub also.

I guess if I wanted to I could strip my firewall down and spray the ceramic coating on it. But I'd have to buy another gallon of it.

Reactions: Tob and DrDmoney
Now it's time to start taping off the rear of the tub for the bedliner. I've got to run into town for a bucket with a spout to mix the bedliner in. It'll make it easier to pour into the can that attaches to the spray gun.

Reactions: Alex01 and DrDmoney
OK I started my day off with a grumpy teenager. She had a friend over and I have no idea what time she went to sleep. But I started waking her up at 9 AM. Not a happy camper.

Got the bedliner mixed up and ready to spray into the tub.

20211129_105045.jpg

Damn am I sexy or what?

20211129_115243.jpg

20211129_115251.jpg

20211129_115302.jpg

Had to open up a door the fumes were so bad.