Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

this is where our choices differ my friend. what's carried out is based on the length of the trip and depth of the trail from camp. the rest of the shit stays on the trailer. to many trays and storage means to much stuff sometimes.

thin line between needed and dead weight but it's in there somewhere and passing has no benefit.

I noticed that too but it might interfere with reclining the seats, that might not be an issue for your seats but I had to remove my harness bar so the wife could recline hers enough to be comfortable.

I have fixed back seats so I can't recline and I'll have a harness bar too.

this is where our choices differ my friend. what's carried out is based on the length of the trip and depth of the trail from camp. the rest of the shit stays on the trailer. to many trays and storage means to much stuff sometimes.

thin line between needed and dead weight but it's in there somewhere and passing has no benefit.

I carry the same stuff all the time but our trails out here are a little different than yours are. It's already been pointed out more than once that my rig NEEDS a V-8 to handle all the shit I carry. It's a porker and I know it. So adding a larger drawer just means I have a spot for all the stuff I had tied down.

i dig the primer job. looks great to me, those few turds can be sanded out. if that skin lays down that well it'll be sweet.

Thanks. I HOPE the Lizard Skin turns out.

When the length of the trail involves multiple days of camping along the trail going back to the trailer isn’t a good option.

When the length of the trail involves multiple days of camping along the trail going back to the trailer isn’t a good option.

Yep SUCKS when you're on a 4 day wheeling/camping trip and the first night out you realize you forgot something important.... Like the propane bottles for the stove or such.

now y'all are into a whole different deal but i get ya , all situational. if your goin in for a few days everybody's packin heavy.

and if forget the propane i'm gonna put aluminum foil over somebodys tailpipe............ cause im gettin my bacon. we can do pork and beans on the manifold for lunch.

Well the first coat of Lizard Skin 🦎 is sprayed. Now I have to wait until it passes the thumb test for dryness before I spray the second coat.

20211126_140651.jpg

This stuff is thick and goes on easy for a newbie like me.

20211126_140702.jpg

20211126_140707.jpg

It's supposed to be approximately 20 mil thick as you spray it on. They give you a gauge to check it with.

20211126_140712.jpg

20211126_140723.jpg

Taking longer to dry than I'd thought it would but I guess that is to be expected since it's maybe 65* in my garage. So I'm inside for a while and then I'll head back out and check it again. If needed I can always spray the second coat tomorrow.

Turned up the heaters in the garage as the first coat of Lizard Skin still isn't dry enough for the second coat. So it's looking like I'll be spraying the second coat around midnight or tomorrow.

Looks great! For a first timer, you did fantastic.

Thanks Tommy. We'll see how I do with the bedliner next.

Did you use the gauge lol?

Yes I did and I did get it a little thick in a few spots.

Lools good, Rick. Got me seriously considering it now. Looking forward to your feedback on it.

I'm hoping it helps cut down on some of the heat I use to feel coming up through the floorboards and firewall. I'll let you know what I think once it's running.

Turned up the heaters in the garage as the first coat of Lizard Skin still isn't dry enough for the second coat. So it's looking like I'll be spraying the second coat around midnight or tomorrow.
Reminds me of getting the afternoon cement truck delivery. Just as well grab every light stand you can find since you wont be done until midnight!
Great progress after all that prep. You'll be a pro when you get to the exterior.

Reminds me of getting the afternoon cement truck delivery. Just as well grab every light stand you can find since you wont be done until midnight!
Great progress after all that prep. You'll be a pro when you get to the exterior.

Yep I use to HATE doing pours late in the afternoon.

You can see in the picture the spots that look more grayish are the areas it has dried and where it's still shinney it's not dry yet. I'll be heading out to the garage soon to take a look and see if it dried enough overnight for me to do the second coat.