Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

One step closer to Vroom Vroom!!!

Yes. A little bit at a time...

And of course I had to include ONE painting 🖼.

20221015_161153.jpg

Almost done with it.

OK I lied......

I'd bead blasted my throttle & bracket a while ago because they were so rusty so since I was painting again, I figured it was time to paint them too. Got the primer on and will shoot them with flat aluminum.

20221015_183750.jpg

I finally found a young man who wanted to earn some money. He cleaned all the pine needles off the roof on my house and garage. Did the gutters too and other chores around the property that I needed done.

20221015_183902.jpg

Went out for my after-dinner cigar so I threw some paint on the throttle & bracket. I'll flip them over in the morning and do the other side.

20221015_234352.jpg

Then put the final coat of clear on the dust cover.... YAH I can get this installed and then the starter so I can then make the new cables for it.

20221015_234359.jpg

Couldn't sleep last night so I went out and did some more painting. The throttle is ready for clear coat now and once it's dry I can reassemble it and get it installed along with the new throttle cable. According to the directions I have for the 6 pack I'm supposed to use a Dakota throttle cable which I have sitting in my pile of parts.

20221016_034832.jpg

Yesterday when I was messing around with the wiring harness and looking at fuel line routing I realized I'm going to have to move the MAP sensor. There is just too much going on in that area.
The nice thing is it can be moved around just so long as I can reach it with the wiring and vacuum hose.

I'd originally mounted it to the side of the intake manifold.

20221016_160947.jpg

But it just hits the distributor cap and would be hard to connect the plug.

20221016_161052.jpg

20221016_161123.jpg

You can see where it's at right now.

20221016_161606.jpg

Stock it mounted to the front of the throttle body. But I don't have provisions for it on the 6 pack.

• Sad
Reactions: reddvltj
You and me BOTH...

I really had HOPED I'd be done by now but between the shitty weather in the beginning of summer and then hurting my leg I got way behind.

Soon buddy soon.

You’re my link to the W side of this state. And my buddy. I feel like it’s gonna get hardcore. 😜

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Huston We Have a Problem....

Since I'm running 10.1 compression I'd bought this PowerMaster starter. I'd never thought to install it to verify clearance...:rolleyes:😖. Yes I know 😌 my bad and it was stupid on my part.

20221016_173123.jpg

So now I've got to see what other options I have. And when I'd given the 5.2 away I must have given him the starter cause I can't find it. So I'll have to get one. Hopefully a stock style hugs in tighter.

• Sad
Reactions: reddvltj
You’re my link to the W side of this state. And my buddy. I feel like it’s gonna get hardcore. 😜

You keep refuring to my area as the wetside... :oops: them are fighting words.
Anything on the eastside of the Cascades are the eastside. We don't consider ourselves associated with the westside. It's blasphemy....

• Haha
Reactions: kiwi and reddvltj
You keep refuring to my area as the wetside... :oops: them are fighting words.
Anything on the eastside of the Cascades are the eastside. We don't consider ourselves associated with the westside. It's blasphemy....

Oh face it @Wildman, you're not far enough down the east side of the mountain to be considered "East Side" of the state... It still gets pretty wet in your neck of them woods... 🤣 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: kiwi and Wildman
You need to eat those words...

I'm on the dry side.

DRY??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
The US average is 38 inches of rain per year.

Enumclaw, Washington gets 63 inches of rain, on average, per year.

Cle Elum, Washington gets 28 inches of rain, on average, per year.

Spokane gets an average of 17 inches per year.

Challis, Idaho gets 9 inches of rain, on average, per year.

He says he's on the dry side!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seattle only gets about 37 inches of rain each year.

Last edited:
DRY??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
The US average is 38 inches of rain per year.

Enumclaw, Washington gets 63 inches of rain, on average, per year.

Spokane gets an average of 17 inches per year.

Challis, Idaho gets 9 inches of rain, on average, per year.

And here's the killer!!! He says he's on the dry side!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seattle gets about 37 inches of rain each year.

OK the drier side compared to Seattle.

What is the average snowfall in Cle Elum Washington?

Period of Record : 01/01/1899 to 06/08/2016
JanAnnual
Average Max. Temperature (F)34.858.2
Average Min. Temperature (F)19.834.2
Average Total Precipitation (in.)3.6522.51
Average Total SnowFall (in.)24.883.3

So I get 5" more rainfall than Spokane. I'm still on the eastside of the Cascades which we all know is the better side to be on.