Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

What power lvl do you expect? And max rpm?

I'm hoping it'll be around 500 HP/TQ at the crank. With the drivetrain lose I expect to see I'd be happy with 350 at the wheels.
Other builds of the 408 stroker with similar parts showed people getting 450-550 HP & 500-600 TQ numbers. I won't be pushing it past 6,000 RPM's but I didn't build it for a strip rig. The cam was ground for TQ.

I do plan on getting it dyno'd after it's all done & if Ryan is taking appointments I plan on taking it to him in Texas and having him run it on his dyno & do a final tune.

I can say honestly that I got a lot done today. Started off with getting the intake manifold ready to be reinstalled. Yep ONE more time with my fingers crossed it'll be the last. I used the old cut off bolts again for alignment.

20230201_094030.jpg

Put some Right stuff around the water jackets prior to installing the gaskets and then around them on top of the gaskets also.

20230201_094408.jpg

Set the intake in place.

20230201_102922.jpg

Then torqued them down. I did cheat a little and torqued them to 168 inch lbs instead of 144 inch lbs.

20230201_103455.jpg

Then installed the fuel rails again.

20230201_125038.jpg

20230201_132238.jpg

Then installed all the parts back on the front of the engine.

20230201_145940.jpg

Hooked the catch can back up.

20230201_162617.jpg

Tomorrow I'll install the headers and then start getting the height sensors installed prior to reinstalling the exhaust system.

20230201_162644.jpg

WOW getting the headers back on was a LOT more of a PITA than I expected. The passenger side wasn't that hard other than getting the Stage8 clips back on. But the drivers side about did me in.
I ended up taping the exhaust gasket to the header to be able to get it in position to get the bolts started.

20230203_123525.jpg

Once I got the bolts in I took the tape back off.

20230203_132434.jpg

I did get the Stage8 clips on the passenger side but stopped at that point and will do the clips on the drivers side tomorrow.

20230203_153624.jpg

Once I have the clips done I'll get the radiator installed and filled back up with coolant. Then I can get the other stuff done underneath before reinstalling the exhaust. Then I can get back to putting the rest of the Jeep together hopefully.

Nothing real exciting to offer up other than the engine is back together and the radiator is in. Took me a while to get the Stage 8 clips installed on the driver side header but I finally did get it done. I hope I don't have to do it again anytime soon.

20230206_160229.jpg

20230206_160631.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow I can get the work done underneath the Jeep so I can reinstall the exhaust and then trying firing off the engine again and see if I've got the intake installed properly. I'll trying installing the tune from FRP so hopefully the engine can run better.

You know what they say... third times the charm.

And anyways, if it still don't run right at least it looks good.

What's the deal with the stage8 clips? Are they the blue ones on your valve cover? I went to the website and the homepage is like, a normal locking clip. and then there are so many options

The Stage8 locks are for the header bolts. They are designed to keep them from loosening back up. Which is what causes most blown exhaust gaskets.

View attachment 398733

It's trying to get them into the tight spots that's a PITA.

Ah I see the little teardrops now. And they must be on the notched bolts like the fancy little animation on their homepage. Thanks

Yep the bolts have a groove cut in them for a small circle clip.

Getting the flag on the bolt first as it's 12 point and making sure it's as tight as possible to the header tube. Then getting the clip on. I've got long fingers but also larger hands. You have to hold your tongue just right.

And yes it's DAMN GOOD LOOKINI. But I want it to be damn fine runnin too.

Got the work done underneath the Jeep today. There was an ear on the transmission that was VERY close to the exhaust so I cut it off first.

20230208_164316.jpg

Then I drilled & tapped the frame for the height sensor mounts.

20230208_164025.jpg

20230208_164633.jpg

20230208_164952.jpg

The height sensors will mount like this. I will get some button head bolts for these mounts but they really only are holding the brackets in place so there is little pressure being applied to them.

20230208_171555.jpg

20230208_171812.jpg

And the rear sensors.

20230208_172052.jpg

20230208_172458.jpg

Tomorrow I've got to get my motorhome ready to take over to the RV dealership to have my electric awning installed but I HOPE to get the exhaust reinstalled. Then when I get back home Sunday I hope I'll be able to fire up the engine and get everything checked out.

I've got the exhaust reinstalled so the Jeep is ready to be started once I get back home from dropping off the motorhome. Probably could have tried to start it today but I didn't want to get into that when it was so late in the afternoon. And I still need to watch some videos on using the HPT tuner and how to install the tune that I have.
Fingers crossed that the engine starts and runs correctly this time around.

I've got the exhaust reinstalled so the Jeep is ready to be started once I get back home from dropping off the motorhome. Probably could have tried to start it today but I didn't want to get into that when it was so late in the afternoon. And I still need to watch some videos on using the HPT tuner and how to install the tune that I have.
yes

Reactions: Wildman

Fingers crossed brother.

Reactions: lBasket and Wildman

Its too sexy to not rip.put a blue pill in the tank if it needs some help!

uneventful weekend?

Mine also. I have most of the transmission rebuild kit but still have not removed the transmission LOL. Post up some more pics to get me in the mind set!

Reactions: reddvltj
uneventful weekend?

Mine also. I have most of the transmission rebuild kit but still have not removed the transmission LOL. Post up some more pics to get me in the mind set!

I didn't sleep at all Saturday night so I didn't work on the Jeep yesterday. Plan to head out there in a little bit and will work on it today I hope.

On Saturday I took my daughter motorcycle shopping. She just wanted to look at new bikes and really isn't ready to pull the trigger on anything yet. While she was looking at naked & sport bikes I decided to look at Adventure bikes. If my plan of hauling my Jeep around the country and boondocking in the motorhome works out trying to ride my Road Glide Ultra CVO down a dirt or gravel road with ruts in it and mud if it decides to ran isn't really a great idea. But an Adventure bike should handle that type of terrain better.

So I traded in my CVO and got a new bike. All the extra parts aren't here yet so I won't get it for a couple of weeks. But here it is.

20230211_184636.jpg

20230211_184647.jpg

20230211_184706.jpg

20230211_184702.jpg

On Saturday I took my daughter motorcycle shopping. She just wanted to look at new bikes and really isn't ready to pull the trigger on anything yet. While she was looking at naked & sport bikes I decided to look at Adventure bikes. If my plan of hauling my Jeep around the country and boondocking in the motorhome works out trying to ride my Road Glide Ultra CVO down a dirt or gravel road with ruts in it and mud if it decides to ran isn't really a great idea. But an Adventure bike should handle that type of terrain better.

So I traded in my CVO and got a new bike. All the extra parts aren't here yet so I won't get it for a couple of weeks. But here it is.

View attachment 400158

View attachment 400159

View attachment 400160

View attachment 400162

Wow that happened fast! That is a sweet bike. Hopefully you can hit some fun new trails around your house that the CVO couldn't do to test it out!