Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I'd gotten ahead of myself when I put the rear axle under the Jeep. I hadn't installed the brake lines or line locks. While not impossible to reach under the Jeep it's just more FUN 👌. But I contorted my body and got them installed.......

20230417_182825.jpg

20230417_182857.jpg

Then I swapped out the stock diff cover and installed the Jeep diff cover.

20230417_182517.jpg

20230417_182528.jpg

Starting to look like a Jeep again. Tomorrow I'll work on the rear axle more. Install the AR and air springs and then the shocks. May even work on running the air lines for them.

When it’s done we gotta meet up out West. It’s gonna be an awesome rig.

Either that or i might make a trip out east... My goal is to start traveling and hitting different wheeling spots once I know this thing is ready & reliable.
Hope to be going to Moab in June if I can get it done in time.

Not as BIG as your rig but should be able to hang with most of ya.

Either that or i might make a trip out east... My goal is to start traveling and hitting different wheeling spots once I know this thing is ready & reliable.
Hope to be going to Moab in June if I can get it done in time.

Not as BIG as your rig but should be able to hang with most of ya.

Hey, I gotta relearn how to drive this thing. I’m not going to be doing anything crazy anytime soon @gasiorv this weekend fyi 😂 . You’re welcome in Missouri anytime bud. I doubt I’ll be ready for Moab by June but I do have a birthday that month if you want me to lean on the Warden, aka Funds Appropriation Dept.

Hey, I gotta relearn how to drive this thing. I’m not going to be doing anything crazy anytime soon @gasiorv this weekend fyi 😂 . You’re welcome in Missouri anytime bud. I doubt I’ll be ready for Moab by June but I do have a birthday that month if you want me to lean on the Warden, aka Funds Appropriation Dept.

I'm going to be cutting it pretty close to get this done by then. And I'd like to have one or two runs under my belt prior to hauling it all the way to Moab only to have it break on me. But we'll see how the next 2-3 weeks go and how far I can get on it.

Heehehe, file the appropriate paperwork with CINC as a possible trip? And you're welcome out here in the PNW anytime too.

I'm going to be cutting it pretty close to get this done by then. And I'd like to have one or two runs under my belt prior to hauling it all the way to Moab only to have it break on me. But we'll see how the next 2-3 weeks go and how far I can get on it.

Heehehe, file the appropriate paperwork with CINC as a possible trip? And you're welcome out here in the PNW anytime too.

I forget you have that fancy hauler. Do some research on SMORR, lots to see and do around here. Bass Pro, Branson MO, the Ozarks in general, plenty of fishing / boating too. I have a boat, you're welcome to come out anytime in the summer. Just bring your swimming trunks and a positive attitude.

I forget you have that fancy hauler. Do some research on SMORR, lots to see and do around here. Bass Pro, Branson MO, the Ozarks in general, plenty of fishing / boating too. I have a boat, you're welcome to come out anytime in the summer. Just bring your swimming trunks and a positive attitude.

Yep I've got my mini home on wheels...

Hehehe, I take my leg off and I end up swimming in circles. I've been through that area when I was a truck driver but never got to stop and play.

Edit: Not really but it's always a fun joke....

Yep I've got my mini home on wheels...

Hehehe, I take my leg off and I end up swimming in circles. I've been through that area when I was a truck driver but never got to stop and play.

Edit: Not really but it's always a fun joke....

You’re not the only one legged buddy I have. I’m sure you swim like a fish when needed.

That’s how projects always go, just part of the fun in it I guess.

Thank you!

It started out just supposed to be a little refresh & new engine. Then it turned into a complete do over. More than a facelift and more like a whole nip & tuck.
But I've got high hopes for it that it'll be a better trail rig.

It started out just supposed to be a little refresh & new engine. Then it turned into a complete do over. More than a facelift and more like a whole nip & tuck.
But I've got high hopes for it that it'll be a better trail rig.

I wasn’t on the forum before you started working on it, but I am sure that at this point it is way better than whatever it used to be. Excited to see the end product

Reactions: reddvltj
I wasn’t on the forum before you started working on it, but I am sure that at this point it is way better than whatever it used to be. Excited to see the end product

When I did the first build on it I'd installed Nth Degree longarm lift. Started with 35" tires and then after 2 years slapped on 38" tires. Had Poison Spyder tube fenders & corners plus rockers. The 5.2 V-8 I'd swapped in started having overheating issues which caused me to park it. Then my health prevented me for working on it for 10 years so it was just parked in my garage. This pictures was taken in May 2011 and I parked it in July 2011.

IMG_2747-1.jpg