Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

You're the one who brought it up.

BTW I'm about 1" taller right now than what my ride height should be. But sitting like this my WB is 99".

View attachment 418453

View attachment 418454

And frame height is 23 1/4". So I should be 22" at ride height.
I was messing with you and you know it so

200.gif

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OK I'm calling it good unless someone can see something wrong with this.

Driveshaft angle:

20230421_181424.jpg

20230421_181431.jpg

Diff angle:

20230421_181509.jpg

20230421_181521.jpg

Driveshaft

20230421_181534.jpg

And then axle centered:

20230421_181622.jpg

20230421_181739.jpg

And yes the numbers are different because I've got the rotor and spacers installed now. Before I hadn't installed them yet.

Got the height sensors installed. Had to move a few things around so I got a good linear movement.
Will send pictures to Steve @ ORO and see what he thinks.

20230422_112821.jpg

20230422_112833.jpg

20230422_115337.jpg

20230422_112833.jpg

Also played with the electronic parking brake. Still not sure how I'll make it fit yet 😕.

I'd looked at this before and thought I had the axle centered pretty well. But now that I've gotten it darn close I'm thinking I just might be able to use the SwayLoc instead of the Anti-Rock. Of course I could remove the wheel spacers but I'd setup the rear Anti-Rock to work with them. And I'm not sure if I could get more clearance back there. So I'm going to stick with them.

20230423_143240.jpg

20230423_143251.jpg

Just to be clear on room. A hand width between the frame and tire.

20230423_144448.jpg

This things gunna be a beast.

View attachment 419015

How does it work with the air bags from ORO and lift height? Quick look on their website shows the kit, do you pick a air bag for an approx lift height or get a generic bag and the air pressure sets the height? I'd think a generic bag would leave and option for too many drive quality issues to lift across too wide a span.

How does it work with the air bags from ORO and lift height? Quick look on their website shows the kit, do you pick a air bag for an approx lift height or get a generic bag and the air pressure sets the height? I'd think a generic bag would leave and option for too many drive quality issues to lift across too wide a span.

They have a 4" or 6" lift option which I think is a different height adapter but am not 100% sure on that. Then they have a computer that controls your height based on the ride height sensors. If you search for AiRock you'll find a thread I did on it a few years ago.

Yep and steel instead of aluminum too. The horrors.. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

It was the only way for me to get a 8" wide flare but be able to remove them for wheeling 🙃.

I know you've seen my build thread, so I'm sure you caught the irony of ME (of all people) commenting on someone purchasing MC products. haha
In all seriousness though, it is one of the things I wish I had known prior to purchase, because I would have gone a different direction on some things. That said, I do not have any complaints at all about my fenders. We will see if that changes after TJ Fest!

Broke one of the bushing trying to install the SwayLoc so will have to call Steve tomorrow and order another one. Damn it anyhow 😒.

Yeah, the SwayLoc was a bit of a B!tch to install. I'm surprised I didn't do the same.

I know you've seen my build thread, so I'm sure you caught the irony of ME (of all people) commenting on someone purchasing MC products. haha
In all seriousness though, it is one of the things I wish I had known prior to purchase, because I would have gone a different direction on some things. That said, I do not have any complaints at all about my fenders. We will see if that changes after TJ Fest!

Yeah, the SwayLoc was a bit of a B!tch to install. I'm surprised I didn't do the same.

I’m yet to find an obstacle in Moab that my fenders stopped me from completing.

But, I have laid it on the fenders on each side and the only issue was loss of powdercoat.

IMG_5148.jpeg

IMG_5147.jpeg

I’m yet to find an obstacle in Moab that my fenders stopped me from completing.

But, I have laid it on the fenders on each side and the only issue was loss of powdercoat.

View attachment 419061

View attachment 419062

I don't live in Moab and it isn't the only place I wheel so not sure how that applies? I've been wedged in-between enough trees that I didn't want flares sticking out this time.

There are things I would have done different to but I'm not changing things at this point.

And the bushings for the TNT tube are ever thinner. It got cocked a little and I didn't see it and broke the rim off.

pure eye candy right there!

you didn't go with the dual beadlocks this time around?

It does look good.

I have the dual beadlocks still with IRock's on them. But the tire selection for 16.5" rims is pretty slim and I got a KILLER deal on the SpyderLocks so going to a 17" rim gave me a larger selection of tires. I might wheel the IRocks also at some point just to see the difference since no one wants to pay what I want for them.

Last edited: