Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

For a DD I 100% agree. For mine I'm not as sure that it'll matter as much but yes if I can make it work I will.

IMO it's like everything else on this Jeep. I've had to make it fit/work together and sometimes make compromises along the way.

Does the swayloc provide offroad benefits or is it mostly "helps with on-road and isn't in the way offroad"

Reactions: JMT and reddvltj
Does the swayloc provide offroad benefits or is it mostly "helps with on-road and isn't in the way offroad"

I honestly do not know if the SwayLoc helps any off-road compared to the Anti-Rock. Back when I first started to run the SwayLoc (2006) when everyone disliked it I was under the impression that the inner bar was the same rate as the AR but I thought that it's changed with the new design. But I am not sure on this.
I guess ONE benefit off-road would be the ability to lock it when/if a stiffer swaybar is beneficial.

More BAD news.... I'm off my feet for at least 2-3 days since when I took my prosthetic off last night and removed the liner I'd split the skin where I'd bruised it and had blood in the bottom of my liner. So I've got to let all this heal before I can be on my feet for any length of time. Won't bore yall of you with pictures of it but know it SUCKS and I'm frustrated.

Take care of you! Jeep will be there for you when your healthy.

We'll manage ourselves during slow updates here through your contributions to the meme page(s)... ;)

I honestly do not know if the SwayLoc helps any off-road compared to the Anti-Rock. Back when I first started to run the SwayLoc (2006) when everyone disliked it I was under the impression that the inner bar was the same rate as the AR but I thought that it's changed with the new design. But I am not sure on this.
I guess ONE benefit off-road would be the ability to lock it when/if a stiffer swaybar is beneficial.

Guess you would have to ask the man himself but I am not sure why they would change from matching the AR rate as we know that it works offroad.

Reactions: reddvltj
Guess you would have to ask the man himself but I am not sure why they would change from matching the AR rate as we know that it works offroad.

Yep, well we won't go there...

But I agree that I don't think it is any different. I went out for a cigar a little while ago and messed with it a little and have come to the conclusion that I'm just going to go back to my original plan and run the Anti-Rock. I'm sure it's going to be a lot more planted than it was before since I never had a rear swaybar before & do now.

And since my son has an XJ that is driven on the street a lot more than my TJ will be I'll just give him the SwayLco to help keep my grandkids safer.

Ok ok. I'll take that crappy sway lock off your hands and send you my AR 🤣

Can you cut the bumper and a bit of the tube and weld in some flat stock?

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj
Ok ok. I'll take that crappy sway lock off your hands and send you my AR 🤣

I've got the AR sitting here already but misplaced the bushings. I think I accidently threw the box they were in out. I've got a pair of stock bushings I just need to get machined to fit the tube of the steering rotation.

Can you cut the bumper and a bit of the tube and weld in some flat stock?

I honestly think it would take a LOT of cutting and modifying to make them play nice together. Back when I first got the bumper someone had posted that they'd had to trim it to work with the AR also.

The added PLUS to running the AR over the SwayLoc is that I might be able to lose the spacers as I won't need as much clearance for the AR arms. Which I'd be happy to lose 3" of width I've just got to see if I can make the AR in the rear work without the spacers.

Reactions: reddvltj and Alex01
I've got the AR sitting here already but misplaced the bushings. I think I accidently threw the box they were in out. I've got a pair of stock bushings I just need to get machined to fit the tube of the steering rotation.

I honestly think it would take a LOT of cutting and modifying to make them play nice together. Back when I first got the bumper someone had posted that they'd had to trim it to work with the AR also.

The added PLUS to running the AR over the SwayLoc is that I might be able to lose the spacers as I won't need as much clearance for the AR arms. Which I'd be happy to lose 3" of width I've just got to see if I can make the AR in the rear work without the spacers.

Like you said earlier, on a non DD swayloc loses a lot of its advantages over a antirock. Guess once you find those bushings it's time to see how well, or not, they play together.

Like you said earlier, on a non DD swayloc loses a lot of its advantages over a antirock. Guess once you find those bushings it's time to see how well, or not, they play together.

Yes. I like the cool factor of the SwayLoc and having the AiRock it locked and unlocked by the control panel on the dash so it was easy to operate but since it's not a DD it really isn't as needed.
I've got to see if I can find a machine shop near me.

Reactions: reddvltj and Alex01
I’m pretty sure @taylormade73 had a version of that bumper without the hoop and still had issues with fitting an Antirock.

I think you are correct.

Edit: Yes found his posts. He removed that bumper when he got the SwayLoc.

Here's his pictures

screenshot_20211123-183553_chrome-jpg.292182

20201022_161249-jpg.jpg

No. Just trimmed it. Then bought the Savvy before Moab this year and switched it out.

Last edited:
Finally caught up. Whew…get healed up. Good work…some frustrating setbacks, but it will come together.

AR will be fine if you can get it to work. The ORO mainly helps on-road @lBasket

Thanks. And yes you are a good judge since you recently swapped out your AR for a SwayLoc. How was it for the drive come pared to last year?
And what about off-road? Notice anything different?

Thanks. And yes you are a good judge since you recently swapped out your AR for a SwayLoc. How was it for the drive come pared to last year?
And what about off-road? Notice anything different?

I can’t tell any difference off-road. I can only a difference onroad. The onroad experience is dramatically improved. Yours is mainly off-road, but for those who daily drive it’s a clear benefit. I guess ORO is not really Off Road Only! 😂

I can’t tell any difference off-road. I can only a difference onroad. The onroad experience is dramatically improved. Yours is mainly off-road, but for those who daily drive it’s a clear benefit. I guess ORO is not really Off Road Only! 😂

Thanks buddy. Glad you're home safe.

Start looking for that shakedown run. Looks like it'll be at Reiter if you can make it. Hopefully before July? Depends on me and how much I can get done.

Thanks buddy. Glad you're home safe.

Start looking for that shakedown run. Looks like it'll be at Reiter if you can make it. Hopefully before July? Depends on me and how much I can get done.

I’m glad I’m home safe too. I left Friday late morning and by 1:30 I was N if Green River having idler pully issues. Glad I was able to make it to O’Reilly’s and they had the parts. Then I drove till midnight, slept in a ball in the Jeep (no room), and left at 4:20 to crawl into Spokane by 9:10am. I’ve been napping a lot and cleaning up. Everything was a huge mess.
IMG_9994.jpeg

I’d love to be there for the shakedown, so I’ll do whatever I can to make it to Reiter.

It’s the rigidity of the bigger bar on the SwayLoc that makes it so much better onroad than the single rate AntiRock. I don’t know, but I assume the rate is similar on the smaller bar to the AntiRock for off-road.

Last edited:
I’m glad I’m home safe too. I left Friday late morning and by 1:30 I was N if Green River having idler pully issues. Glad I was able to make it to O’Reilly’s and they had the parts. Then I drove till midnight, slept in a ball in the Jeep (no room), and left at 4:20 to crawl into Spokane by 9:10am. I’ve been napping a lot and cleaning up. Everything was a huge mess.
View attachment 423313
I’d love to be there for the shakedown, so I’ll do whatever I can to make it to Reiter.

It’s the rigidity of the bigger bar on the SwayLoc that makes it so much better onroad than the single rate AntiRock. I don’t know, but I assume the rate is similar on the smaller bar to the AntiRock for off-road.

91FA08XtxAL.jpg