Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

Trying to find a machine shop is a PITA..... I remember when there was one in just about any town if it had more than 500 people.
Local place didn't answer my call. Then called 3 other shops in Yakima and so far none of them could do it.
Got to call one @3:30 because the machinist was gone.

Trying to find a machine shop is a PITA..... I remember when there was one in just about any town if it had more than 500 people.
Local place didn't answer my call. Then called 3 other shops in Yakima and so far none of them could do it.

Spokane or Seattle???? Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!

Reactions: Wildman

Should have shipped them to Greg. He’d have cranked them out on his puck maker.

Last edited:
4th time was the charm....
Guy says he can do it and since I'm coming from Cle Elum he'll try to do them while I wait.

20230510_164503.jpg

20230510_164518.jpg

That's how much has to come off.

Everyone talks about how hard it is to install a SwayLoc but it is 1000 times worse removing one.
But I got it out.

Going to ride the Harley over to Yakima tomorrow morning.
While I'm waiting I might try to find a reverse thread die for the Anti-Rock links. I could make them a inch shorter if they were threaded all the way to the flat.

20230510_165301.jpg

Well initial test says it will clear but I need to disconnect the Anti-Rock from the other side to get it to flex more.

This is at ride height.

20230510_175103.jpg

20230510_175115.jpg

And then this is with it jacked up but the other side still connected.

20230510_175643.jpg

So right now it would appear I've got the room even without the spacers.
Fingers crossed it's gunna work with it fully flexed.

Bushings were dropped off at the machine shop today. Also was able to get a 1/2"x20 left hand thread die @ Tacoma Screw so I can make the links a little bit shorter by treading them all the way to the flat.

Got 160 miles on my Harley now... will ride it over to Yakima next week to pickup the bushings when ready. After that it should be close to being done with the breakin miles...

Will attack the rear Anti-Rock tomorrow.

I’m glad I’m home safe too. I left Friday late morning and by 1:30 I was N if Green River having idler pully issues. Glad I was able to make it to O’Reilly’s and they had the parts. Then I drove till midnight, slept in a ball in the Jeep (no room), and left at 4:20 to crawl into Spokane by 9:10am. I’ve been napping a lot and cleaning up. Everything was a huge mess.
View attachment 423313
I’d love to be there for the shakedown, so I’ll do whatever I can to make it to Reiter.

It’s the rigidity of the bigger bar on the SwayLoc that makes it so much better onroad than the single rate AntiRock. I don’t know, but I assume the rate is similar on the smaller bar to the AntiRock for off-road.

Count me in for the shakedown run too. I'll try and keep up with y'all on my 33s.

So back to the rear Anti-Rock.
It starts here on in my thread. Post# 4,660
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/wildmans-tj-is-getting-a-face-lift.19356/post-1062745

But just so you know there is also a ton of BS about my brakes & bump stops/jounces and then other stupid bullshit too.
When I did my rear AR I couldn't mount it behind the axle like it recommended on the TJ due to how far back I'd pushed my shock towers with the stretch & outboarding. So I had to cut up the stock brackets that came with the rear AR and adapted them to my TJ. So following anything I did may not be what you want to do.

As for all the other SHIT..... FUCK IT I really don't care.

To add a little more explanation about what is happening with the rear AR I'd previously set it up to clear my tire with the 1.5" spacers that I'd gotten from @NashvilleTJ when I'd bought his old rims. So now I'm trying to see if I can't make it work without the spacers which is requiring me to shorten up the links to move the bar down in the sidewall of the tire. i'd originally thought I was going to have to use the spacers due to tire to frame clearance on the front axle.