Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

@B00mb00m when you did you steering brakes did you just use a rubber grommet where the brake line came thru the tub?
I've got to run my brake line into the tub to plumb in the ball valve for the parking brake.

Since I don't have stainless steel wire right now I'll work on some other projects until I get some.

Reactions: reddvltj
@B00mb00m when you did you steering brakes did you just use a rubber grommet where the brake line came thru the tub?
I've got to run my brake line into the tub to plumb in the ball valve for the parking brake.

Since I don't have stainless steel wire right now I'll work on some other projects until I get some.
Yes I used a rubber grommet in the actual tub then put a hose clamp like an inch away to secure them and keep them from rubbing in anything

Yes I used a rubber grommet in the actual tub then put a hose clamp like an inch away to secure them and keep them from rubbing in anything

OK thanks. That is going to be my project for today since I can't work on the exhaust. Figure if I get that done then I can get the brake lines all plumbed in and start running stuff down the upper control arm.

Try it the next time you're in Ellensburg.
The decor is part of what makes it COOL...

View attachment 424310

Cool place. Homeboy (homegirl?) homeperson in back holds their drink like they hold their pipe, I had to zoom in.

Anyways, to business...

This pic. You said you were worried about the links inverting earlier and why you wanted to shorten them. They're shorter now, and this is full droop. You weren't inverted at full droop previously either I think. So like, what's limiting your droop? You must expect some situation where something could pull your axle further down than expected which is why you're so concerned about the flip, right?

Cool place. Homeboy (homegirl?) homeperson in back holds their drink like they hold their pipe, I had to zoom in.

Anyways, to business...

This pic. You said you were worried about the links inverting earlier and why you wanted to shorten them. They're shorter now, and this is full droop. You weren't inverted at full droop previously either I think. So like, what's limiting your droop? You must expect some situation where something could pull your axle further down than expected which is why you're so concerned about the flip, right?
Are you sure you're not mixing up the rear (in that pic) with the front, which was what he was worrying about inverting if he got the links too short trying to avoid hitting his bumper?

Anyways, to business...

Yes the peps behind my daughter and her bf were out there. All tatted up and looking spiffy for a day out in the town. I tried NOT to pay them too much attention.

You're looking at the rear axle in that picture. Here was the front with the shortest links in the ORO kit. That is REALLY close to being inverted.

20230501_123856.jpg

The shocks are what is limiting my down travel. I'd thought about getting limiting straps and inquired about them here and was told that they weren't needed. I'm still inclined to install some but will wait and see how it does before I do.

Rear axle isn't anywhere as close to being inverted as the front.

20230513_110530.jpg

And the chances of me backing up while at full droop are pretty rare IMO. Again the shocks are what is limiting the droop of the axle.

Are you sure you're not mixing up the rear (in that pic) with the front, which was what he was worrying about inverting if he got the links too short trying to avoid hitting his bumper?

It turns out you're right.

Yes the peps behind my daughter and her bf were out there. All tatted up and looking spiffy for a day out in the town. I tried NOT to pay them too much attention.
Ink can be cool. And can also not be. I just thank goodness 19yo me was smart enough to put all mine under a t-shirt, just in case

You're looking at the rear axle in that picture. Here was the front with the shortest links in the ORO kit. That is REALLY close to being inverted.

View attachment 424775

The shocks are what is limiting my down travel. I'd thought about getting limiting straps and inquired about them here and was told that they weren't needed. I'm still inclined to install some but will wait and see how it does before I do.

Rear axle isn't anywhere as close to being inverted as the front.

View attachment 424776

And the chances of me backing up while at full droop are pretty rare IMO. Again the shocks are what is limiting the droop of the axle.

Yeah the rears is what I was thinking of they look much closer. Have you checked how much more distance your shocks would have to break (with them removed) before they'd flip? I know you are looking for more things to do, after all

The fronts look much better forsure. Going that far beyond your shocks, you'd already not be going anywhere already most likely lol

It turns out you're right.

Don't say that to him too much as we don't want his head to swell.

Ink can be cool. And can also not be. I just thank goodness 19yo me was smart enough to put all mine under a t-shirt, just in case

All mine are covered also except one. It was 2 gals for sure & I think the farthest one away was a guy but??? You can always overdo a good thing.

Yeah the rears is what I was thinking of they look much closer. Have you checked how much more distance your shocks would have to break (with them removed) before they'd flip? I know you are looking for more things to do, after all

If the shocks/shock on either side were to break I'm sure I might invert an arm but I'd have many other things to worry about also. Plus I'm at the full range of what the air springs can go so they might keep the arms from inverting.

The fronts look much better forsure. Going that far beyond your shocks, you'd already not be going anywhere already most likely lol

The front was me trying to limit how much the arm traveled up to try and make the SwayLoc work with the Motobilt bumper. But there just wasn't any way to make it work so I'm going back to my original plan and going to run the Anti-Rock. Heck I can a Anti-Rock for 5 years before I got the SwayLoc so I'm cool with a AR.

WOW while I truly do like supporting my local businesses this is crazy. Went to OxArc this morning to pickup some stainless steel wire to finish off the exhaust. Well I wasn't expecting it to be cheaper than Amazon holy SHIT... $45 for a 2lb spool of wire where as I could have gotten the same thing for:

YesWelder- $25.49

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YT879D3/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Right as I was leaving OxArc I got a call from the machine shop saying my bushings were ready.

20230515_123239.jpg

So I got another 120 miles on the bike and a GREAT ride.

Man OxArk is usually pretty good too. Probably need to figure out an account that you can use for a discount as it has become more common to stick it to the walk in traffic nowdays.

• Sad
Man OxArk is usually pretty good too. Probably need to figure out an account that you can use for a discount as it has become more common to stick it to the walk in traffic nowdays.

That is the price with an account. When getting my bottles filled it's helped on the price before.
But it’s all good 👍.

Anti-Rock is installed. Didn't take pictures since this is pretty well documented.

Arms on

20230515_162527.jpg

20230515_162537.jpg

And then to check for bumper clearance. It needs to be less than 3" or it'll hit the bottom of the bumper.

20230515_164848.jpg

20230515_164857.jpg

Then had to go to 2nd hole or the nut would hit the trackbar bracket.

20230515_170212.jpg

20230515_170224.jpg

I did check the full droop but forgot to take a picture.... later.

20230515_170827.jpg

Anti-Rock is installed. Didn't take pictures since this is pretty well documented.

Arms on

View attachment 425120

View attachment 425121

And then to check for bumper clearance. It needs to be less than 3" or it'll hit the bottom of the bumper.

View attachment 425122

View attachment 425123

Then had to go to 2nd hole or the nut would hit the trackbar bracket.

View attachment 425124

View attachment 425125

I did check the full droop but forgot to take a picture.... later.

View attachment 425126

Did you measure again after you moved to the 2nd bolt hole? Just cuious as to how much more it moved at the "impact point" on the bumper.