Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I have spent hours searching for the actual names of the pinouts for the 98 TJ side, I found one but the pinout page is only 480 pixels so it's like looking at a foggy mirror. It's awesome to see all these builds, I'm sure I'll find something. LOL. again, I appreciate your help!

@RangerRick is the guy to ask for help here more than I am. Back when I had this swap done I had it done by Backwoods Off-Road in southern Oregon. I didn't feel I could do the work at the time after just being able to start walking again. I've had nothing but issues with the wiring harness that was done which is why I plan to build myself a new one as I am build my new engine.

Reactions: reddvltj
I have hard copies for every year EXCEPT 98 at my work (I work at the Bellevue dodge dealer). I'll try the link, but I was up will 1am last night going through the downloaded 98 FSM, I got lucky on the ZJ side and found someone who wrote down the job of each pin.
20150902_122832[1].jpg

Replied. I am saving a ton of videos and pics to upload to this site when the project gains traction (I'm hoping to have the jeep dialed in for my mid may trip to the oregon dunes)

Replied. I am saving a ton of videos and pics to upload to this site when the project gains traction (I'm hoping to have the jeep dialed in for my mid may trip to the oregon dunes)

Well as Chris said earlier it's be nice if all of us who have done this swap would make a thread that contains all the info for others to use for their swap. So do a build thread but at the same time be looking for me to make a thread also just about the magnum swap. Then we can all contribute.

Yessir. this will be the 3rd year down there for me, first year without my ZJ. Last year there were 75+ jeeps down there. Dates are 18-25th.

I haven't gone down since 2014 when I sold my quads. Couldn't ride it anymore so go rid of it.

IMGP2777.jpg

IMGP2790.jpg

These are all from 2008. My daughters first quad when she was 7.

IMGP2757.jpg

Well as Chris said earlier it's be nice if all of us who have done this swap would make a thread that contains all the info for others to use for their swap. So do a build thread but at the same time be looking for me to make a thread also just about the magnum swap. Then we can all contribute.
Works for me!

Something I thought of just a while ago and hopefully @RangerRick can answer for us?
When doing this swap is it better to use a Grand Cherokee engine wiring harness or a Dodge engine wiring harness? Or does it matter which one you use? For this example I am talking about someone who is using a automatic transmission. Just wondering if it matters.

Start a build thread about your TJ @sourlemon interested in seeing what you are doing to your build.
And BTW I have some parts for your engine if you are thinking about doing any performance mods.

Harland 1:6 adjustable roller rockers
Comp Cam - 20-602-9 Computer Controlled 206/210 Hydraulic Roller Cam
Fastman 52mm throttle body

Once you get it running I have the Snap On scan tool for setting your fuel sync you can borrow.

I put a m1/52mm, 1.7s, headers and have a flyin ryan tune on it, it scooted pretty good in the ZJ. I think it depends on the year of vehicle, the only 2 things I had to do to the PCM connector were swap the CCD bus wires + and -, and install a pin for my OD switch, which I think I'm going to hook up to my hard top switch. LOL. other than that I put the engine/trans/tcase and exhaust mani/downpipe in as a whole unit, wiring harness attached. it was very easy

Reactions: Wildman
Thanks for putting your ass on the line for all of us. I appreciate you & your service - God Bless you soldier !!!

View attachment 143818

Thank you and it a Honor to do what I did. I was a bad kid and the military was where I fit in. Would have never guessed it if you had knew me at 16 years old.
I can say if given the chance I would go back and do most of it all over again.

Got a few more weeks and I can finally start working on my TJ...…. Can't wait to get this thing back on the trail and road.

Reactions: OHFIVETJ
Doesn't really matter ZJ or Dodge on the harness FWIW.

RR

RR,
Thanks that is what I thought but better to ask.

Hope to be working on mine really soon but the weather here is suppose to turn cold again next week. Hope it isn't too bad.