Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

You are only triggering the fan from the sensor in the radiator? Not from an output from the engine ECU?

No, only from the radiator sensor. It works well, and is fairly simple. I’ve also wired in a bypass, both ways. I can turn it on full blast/full time, or turn it off.

It is certainly possible to do it from the ECU on the Hemi - I’ve just never taken the time to figure it out. To me, it’s also a bit easier to troubleshoot if something goes wrong.

Ya know, simple mind and all…

No, only from the radiator sensor. It works well, and is fairly simple. I’ve also wired in a bypass, both ways. I can turn it on full blast/full time, or turn it off.

It is certainly possible to do it from the ECU on the Hemi - I’ve just never taken the time to figure it out. To me, it’s also a bit easier to troubleshoot if something goes wrong.

I’ll have to decide which way to go with mine. Both options are available.

Reactions: mxz800

I HOPE I can copy pretty much how you did yours and use the PDC for the two fues. And a override switch to make it turn on full blast. Do you have one to kill it with also for water crossings?

I’ll have to decide which way to go with mine. Both options are available.

Other than these temp sensors being expensive I like that they start the fans at low speeds and then increases it. That is what the PWM I have does but only at 50% and then increased to 100%.

I HOPE I can copy pretty much how you did yours and use the PDC for the two fues. And a override switch to make it turn on full blast. Do you have one to kill it with also for water crossings?

I do - I wired in a momentary interrupt switch into the trigger circuit. Momentary - so I can’t forget to turn it back on…

Yup.

By the way - love the Avatar. But Never Gonna Give You Up? Really?

🙂

It’s a Rick roll, and in Rick’s thread.

1661816674275.jpeg

I KNEW there was a reason I hadn't scanned your QR code! Figured it would be something like that

FWIW though…just thinking about getting Rick rolled was enough to put the song in my head. I noticed myself walking through the office today humming “never gonna give you up”

So you got me, anyway!

Good News is that my prosthesis cleared me today to get back to work as long as I take it easy the first couple of days just to let my leg get use to me being back on it. It looks good now and there isn't any bruise showing thru. I'll have the newly cast check socket on 8 Sept but the socket I have right now it OK to use until then.

So cleaning up the garage tomorrow and then start painting again.

I've been trying to clean up the fenders for the next coat of primer.

20220901_141238.jpg

I'd had a few spots that needed my attention.

20220901_141247.jpg

20220901_141258.jpg

But then remembered @Alex01 Advice about not making these perfect. So it's time to wipe everything down and just spray some paint. Yes I want them as good as possible but this is a garage paint job not a paint booth job.

But then remembered @Alex01 Advice about not making these perfect. So it's time to wipe everything down and just spray some paint. Yes I want them as good as possible but this is a garage paint job not a paint booth job.
Chasing perfection was definitely a losing battle in my experience. A nice 5-10ft'er was my goal.

Chasing perfection was definitely a losing battle in my experience. A nice 5-10ft'er was my goal.

Yep I've been chasing my tail trying to get those fenders ready to repaint.
Now it's too hot to paint so I'll have to get up early tomorrow.
Supposed to be over 100⁰ here tomorrow and in the high 90's right now.

Good News is that my prosthesis cleared me today to get back to work as long as I take it easy the first couple of days just to let my leg get use to me being back on it. It looks good now and there isn't any bruise showing thru. I'll have the newly cast check socket on 8 Sept but the socket I have right now it OK to use until then.

So cleaning up the garage tomorrow and then start painting again.

This is great news Rick! (y)

This is great news Rick! (y)

Thanks. I'm still a little sore but doing 100% better. Just taking it easy and trying to not overdo it.

Just got done doing some needed maintenance on the paint gun I use for primer. It was sticky and wasn't closing when you released the trigger. So disassembled it and lubed up the trigger plunger.

Thanks. I'm still a little sore but doing 100% better. Just taking it easy and trying to not overdo it.

Just got done doing some needed maintenance on the paint gun I use for primer. It was sticky and wasn't closing when you released the trigger. So disassembled it and lubed up the trigger plunger.

Good to hear you're doing better! On the paint gun, this is normal. I break mine down after each use. It's a pain, but I want it 100% ready for the next time. It's very frustrating when the gun won't spray correctly and you've got primer and/or paint mixed to spray!