Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I don't know if it's a 6.0 or 6.2 but he's taken the pansy way out with a crate engine. I mean first he's confused cause he thinks a LS is 'good" and then he orders a 460 HP crate engine. But heck his hearts in the right place...

Some of us like to walk on the wild side and build our own stuff.

Leg is still a little sore today. Which I expected after being off it for 9 days. I'll take it easy tomorrow and limit my walking and standing but want to get back at finishing the painting I need to do. Found some other parts I'd forgotten about that need to be painted.

Plus been toying with the idea of painting the fiberglass hood I have. I've watched a few videos on how to prep & paint a hood so I'm fairly sure I can do it. I'd like to add some more vents before I painted it also. So we'll see how the next few days go.

Ha I got more HP than 460. This isn't a junk yard build so I'm not using junkyard parts.

Ha I got more HP than 460. This isn't a junk yard build so I'm not using junkyard parts.

All the kidding aside, there's no denying that an LS is time tested, has great OEM heads, are plentiful and cheap (from a Junk Yard), and have fantastic aftermarket support. Admittedly, I've though about conversions, largely so I can get a transmission that gives me a better overdrive option. My head tells me LS, but the heart says Hemi. Both will be expensive, provide plenty of power, and both will be reliable.

All the kidding aside, there's no denying that an LS is time tested, has great OEM heads, are plentiful and cheap (from a Junk Yard), and have fantastic aftermarket support. Admittedly, I've though about conversions, largely so I can get a transmission that gives me a better overdrive option. My head tells me LS, but the heart says Hemi. Both will be expensive, provide plenty of power, and both will be reliable.

Options are good. I wanted the LS because you can do pretty much anything with it's configuration, discussed in the video below. There's also a ton of support for tuning and tweaking as needed.

Reactions: Irun
OK what started app talking SHIT about the radiator choice I'd made for my TJ I got an update yesterday. Originally they'd told me it could take up to a month prior to it being shipped to me. And I was OK with that since I'm not close to needing the radiator right now but just wanted to get it ordered in case it would take a few months to arrive.
The V-8 swap compatible radiator I ordered from Wizard Cooling will be here Monday.

I'm picking up my check socket today so hopefully I can get back to working on stuff and stop hurting my leg.

Options are good. I wanted the LS because you can do pretty much anything with it's configuration, discussed in the video below. There's also a ton of support for tuning and tweaking as needed.

I'm going low-tech power for my next swap! ;)

hamster-wheel-15.gif

OK what started app talking SHIT about the radiator choice I'd made for my TJ I got an update yesterday. Originally they'd told me it could take up to a month prior to it being shipped to me. And I was OK with that since I'm not close to needing the radiator right now but just wanted to get it ordered in case it would take a few months to arrive.
The V-8 swap compatible radiator I ordered from Wizard Cooling will be here Monday.

I'm picking up my check socket today so hopefully I can get back to working on stuff and stop hurting my leg.

Good luck with the new socket, Brother.

And great news on the radiator. I’m anxious to see what you think.

Good luck with the new socket, Brother.

And great news on the radiator. I’m anxious to see what you think.

I'm hoping it's better than what I have now.
I bruised my leg again either Monday or Tuesday when I was taking the motorhome over to be worked on. I want to get busy again so I can get this Jeep finished. But can't if I keep messing up my leg.

Mopar hamsters are more expensive than the Chinesium ones at NAPA, but worth it!

Good tip. Thanks for that. How many hamsters does it take to power the TJ? Are they in parallel or series? Do you have to feed them premium feed or just regular?

So I'm off my feet for a few days while I allow this bruise to heal. It's not as bad as the previous one so I should be back at it SOON.

Talking shit, LOL. I only pointed out you used a Chevy radiator on your jeep. That is all.

• Haha
  • USA Proud
Reactions: RINC and Wildman
Talking shit, LOL. I only pointed out you used a Chevy radiator on your jeep. That is all.

Interesting that you keep calling it a "Chevy" radiator. Maybe it's a GMC!!!:unsure: Hell it could be a Cadillac!!!:oops: or heaven forbid a b.b.b.Buick!!!🤯

Although unless it's an ACDelco, it's none of those really, is it? :ROFLMAO:

Since Wizard Cooling makes their own radiators, I'd have to go with it's not a GM radiator in any way shape or form it's a Wizard Cooling Radiator built for a Jeep with a hemi conversion!! :cool:

And yes, I am shit talking!!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

200.gif

Interesting that you keep calling it a "Chevy" radiator. Maybe it's a GMC!!!:unsure: Hell it could be a Cadillac!!!:oops: or heaven forbid a b.b.b.Buick!!!🤯

Although unless it's an ACDelco, it's none of those really, is it? :ROFLMAO:

Since Wizard Cooling makes their own radiators, I'd have to go with it's not a GM radiator in any way shape or form it's a Wizard Cooling Radiator built for a Jeep with a hemi conversion!! :cool:

And yes, I am shit talking!!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 353854

Read link slowly near the part that says V8

https://wizardcooling.com/series-37...ith-single-brushless-fan-shroud-chevy-v8.html

But AGAIN it isn't a Chevy radiator. If I was using a radiator that was made to FIT a POS Chevy then it'd be a Chevy radiator. They call it a V-8 Swap radiator for Chevy engines because you Lame Shit guys wouldn't be able to tell it was for a Chevy engine if the said something like" Inlet bottom right Outlet upper left. And they'd have to field calls all day LONG "Does it work on a LT1 engine?" or "Does it work on a 350?" so they used the KISS method for you guys.
See us Dodge guys are smart enough to know which sides we need for inlet and outlet.