Will 33s fit with no lift?

I’ve been reading page after page of this thread and I am confused. Let me cut to chase and just ask if what I am thinking about doing makes sense. I have a 2 inch OME lift with 265/75-16 tires on Moabs. Control arms are Currie and shocks are OME. There are 1.75 inch bump stop spacers on the rear and none on the front (as per OME instructions). I have not noticed any rubbing in some modest offroading (no rock crawling) but I have not cycled the suspension. I intend to do a 1.25 inch BL and 1 inch MML and go to 285/75-16 tires which are 32.8 inches. I will cycle the suspension but obviously not until I have spent the money on the tires so there will be no going back. Do you think there will be problems, or at least none that can’t be solved by going to larger bump stop spacers? I am anticipating that I may have to go to wheels with reduced back stop spacing.

Something is the limit to travel. Your Jeep has larger than stock parts on it that might be that new limit. Cycling the will show you what is going on, even if your normal uses don't often get the suspension to those limits.

Having lived with mine for many years, I can say will confidence that street driving can absolutely reach some of these limits without much effort on your part.

Reactions: Shwiftypickle
I’ve been reading page after page of this thread and I am confused. Let me cut to chase and just ask if what I am thinking about doing makes sense. I have a 2 inch OME lift with 265/75-16 tires on Moabs. Control arms are Currie and shocks are OME. There are 1.75 inch bump stop spacers on the rear and none on the front (as per OME instructions). I have not noticed any rubbing in some modest offroading (no rock crawling) but I have not cycled the suspension. I intend to do a 1.25 inch BL and 1 inch MML and go to 285/75-16 tires which are 32.8 inches. I will cycle the suspension but obviously not until I have spent the money on the tires so there will be no going back. Do you think there will be problems, or at least none that can’t be solved by going to larger bump stop spacers? I am anticipating that I may have to go to wheels with reduced back stop spacing.

How much up travel do you want to end up with, and why do you think that is important?

Huhh? Because everyone says it is important. WTF do I know?

Ideally, you want the overall shock travel to be divided in half at the normal ride height. Keep that goal in mind as you add as much overall travel as you can. Do that, and many aspects of the build will fall into place the way they ought to.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Huhh? Because everyone says it is important. WTF do I know?

Sorry, it's late for me, and I'm not as well spoken as Josh. You want to try to maintain the factory 4" of up travel, or better, to let the shocks perform their job of dampening the small, and large events. A 50/50 shock bias seems to work well with our TJ's. You put 33's on a TJ with 2" of suspension lift, and have to bump stop 3" to keep the tires from hitting the fenders, or control arms at full lock, then you start to realize that 2" of up travel doesn't make for a smooth ride over all.

Reactions: Midwest
No issues at all except a little bumpstop...works great

Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted this thread. This is how she looks now - pretty much anyway. Got Hooke road grill inserts fitted and more stuff on the way which I can’t wait for - round quick release mirrors, diver down seat covers, headlights and hopefully stereo soon! Costing me a fortune but I’m obsessed!
C0F0FEE7-3B29-41CD-ABD4-D6C2694F87B7.png

Reactions: Apparition and JMT