Will a wiring harness from a 5.9 Dodge work in my TJ?

Mopar had security in the 90s VATS, SKIM, not sure which. But look for a Ram pcm that hadn't had the security activated at the dealer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Mopar had security in the 90s VATS, SKIM, not sure which. But look for a Ram pcm that hadn't had the security activated at the dealer.

And Canadian vehicles might be different also I forgot where here is and US or Canada might have done things we're not sure of.

Well drove 2 1/2 hours to get a pcm out of a 98 ram 1500 5.9. Guess what still doing exact same thing. So now I have to go through my wiring again

Check to make sure your ASD relay is good first and then your wiring. Also check with RangerRick as he is very knowledgeable about these swaps. Wish there was more advise I could offer but from your video's it points to the ASD.

That's the VATS. Check the injecots with a noid light too. A 194 bulb works well.

Ok it’s the injectors shutting down. The spark is consitantly sparking. Used a noid light and gas down the throttle body it runs now. But as it’s running the noid light stops lighting meaning no fuel injectors. So again could that be the security system?

So went through wiring again. Found everything was good on it. Put the 2000 Dakota pcm in it started stalled three times scanner kept showing fuel allowed..no when it was stalling. Then it was constant fuel allowed no and no trying to start. Put the jeep 5.9 in same thing the fuel allowed would go no and stall. The pcm I got today was suppose to be for a 98 but it is actually a 97 but the skim or vats is activated on it also. I know now as I thought for the hell of it I will put the 97 Jeep 2.5 in it and see what parameters I was dealing with and bang it just sat there idling but on 4 cylinders. But it ran. What a fun toy this is turning out to be.

Wow I wish RangerRick would pop in here and offer some thoughts as I am at a lose right now. So something in the V-8 PCM system is not allowing it to run but with the 2.5 PCM it will run. I would have to sit down with both schematics and try to figure it out. I'm gone for the weekend to visit family for my bday so won't be home until Sunday night. If you haven't figured it out by then I'll try and look at the wiring then.

On all three computers the security feature was enabled so it would run for 3 secs and shut down. But after lots of reading once enabled no way to get it off. That’s where the tj 2.5 computer was never enabled so it wasn’t looking for more information.
Just wondering if I bought a remanufactued pcm would it be enabled or not on them.

Before I would try buy a reman I would contact one of the tuners I listed before and see if they can disable it or remove it. What model did the PCM from the pu come out of?

There is no skim on my jeep
That era of security (VTSS) is built into the PCM itself, and is turned on by the dealer as needed for the options ordered. I've only seen one Grand Cherokee without, and all Dakotas I played with had it. Rams were the only one that had limited activation.

I have a 97 Ram PCM I can send you as a test that does not have VTSS, but you will have to buy one, as you won't have gauges. The 96 and 97s had direct gauge outputs, not over the bus like 98+.