Will the LJ fit into my toy hauler?

• Yes

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Bacon

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
Have you ever looked at the frame underneath it?

RV frames are not built to take that sort of load like your thinking. No way I’d risk it. I used to build RV’s a long time ago and having owned them all my adult life, you are pushing it well over. Just hate to see you lose it and hurt someone or yourself

Reactions: 1904-06LJR
As a Toy hauler owner, I'd be worried about the ramp holding up. I have seen them break with much less weight than a Jeep.

Also, like others said, I'd weigh the Jeep and weigh the trailer when it is configured for travel so you know you're within limits.

Last edited:
Trailer can hold the weight fine, but the ramps and floors can almost never do so on these RVs. Their made to be stuffed with ATV/UTVs. There's a few weekend warrior triple axle units that would do it back in the day, but if this is your goal you really should get one of the work 'n play or other car hauler conversions.

I have weighed the Truck and the Trailer (empty). The actual trailer weight was 12,600. So that is within 60 lbs of the sticker on the closet door.
I do need to weigh the Jeep and the trailer with all the clothes, food, camp chairs, etc. But I should have about 700 lbs of leeway.
That winch added about 75 lbs and the AntiRock added another 18 lbs I think when you add up all of the added goodies inc tires I think your jeep Amy weight more than you think. Oh yea I love the color combo on your jeep

My LJ in trail ready condition weighs about 4600 (armor, bigger tires, winch, bumpers, tools, etc. increases the weight significantly from factory). Remember you also have to include all the stuff you pack into your trailer when traveling (beer, water, firewood, food, clothes, tools, parts, beer, etc..) I'm guessing that if you do an accurate measurement of everything you'll find you're exceeding you're capacity by quite a bit. I'd take the effort to get real numbers on things before deciding.