Will this Chinese Dana 44 locker fit my Dana 35?

1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png

Like what? I’m open to suggestion!
please consider that I’m doing basically only dirt roads on 33s and I would avoid spending 1k for ARB or Eaton

I was thinking about the “predictability” of a selectable locker: either it’s on or off
You said you were driving on dirt roads. Why do you need a locker? In what situation would it need to be "on"?

Dana 35 + stock axles + locker + 33s is not a reliable combination. Why not a traction control device that would be useful in your situation and doesn't have the potential of breaking your axles?

I have to upgrade to 1541H 27 splines and to regear to 4.88 anyway.
The idea of having a locker instead of an open differential is simply a matter of cost: for the same money I could have it and maybe (very low probability actually) I could find myself in a situation in which a locker could be useful, so I though why not

The Chinese don't sleep, their stuff gets better and better. You are posting on a predominately American forum and there is a lot of anti-Chinese sentiment. You are going a bit of bias away from their products.
No anti-Chinese sentiment here. Their Coronavirus was well made in the lab, given away free and looks like it will last forever. :rolleyes:
p.s. Is this Hunter?

@pagrey Do you have any info about the electric version as well? I’ve seen the video you mentioned and I’ve found some threads on other forums and apparently the air version is around since ten years and seems pretty decent. I was wondering if the electric version is the same quality
Can you post a link to the video, I'd be interested to see it.

if you don't like Chinese, IIRC, there is an Australian version of what would be comparable to the ARB air locker, they been usin um for years, less $, found no bad reviews, no reports of failures........but nobody had any interest.

if you don't like Chinese, IIRC, there is an Australian version of what would be comparable to the ARB air locker, they been usin um for years, less $, found no bad reviews, no reports of failures........but nobody had any interest.
Were they Goanna brand? If so I think they come from China.

• Sad
Reactions: TheBoogieman
It would be nice making a scientific comparison of the different solutions for the drivetrain using a test bench and taking into account all the different factors: splines count, material, lockers type and so forth. Surprisingly no youtuber has done that so far

I have to upgrade to 1541H 27 splines and to regear to 4.88 anyway.
The idea of having a locker instead of an open differential is simply a matter of cost: for the same money I could have it and maybe (very low probability actually) I could find myself in a situation in which a locker could be useful, so I though why not
I understand that, but a TrueTrac is also a proven traction control device and would also likely be beneficial in your use. Despite @pagrey's thoughts, it's a significant improvement over an open diff. As evidenced by the video below and numerous others the driver has posted. It also doesn't suffer from the issues associated with running a locker in a 35 without a Super35 kit.

haha to dam funny i really had no freakin clue the ARB was Australian made.

IDK about the west coast but over here in the mud and snow you really don't need or want more than the LS on your DD/weekend toy. and they put about 2 million of them out around here in many production vehicles just for that reason

IDK about the west coast but over here in the mud and snow you really don't need or want more than the LS on your DD/weekend toy. and they put about 2 million of them out around here in many production vehicles just for that reason
OP is in Italy. I have to admit, I'm ignorant to the conditions he's driving in.

Reactions: someguysjeep

Anthony Ronald Brown or Tony Brown an Aussie 4x4 enthusiast started in the 1970,s ARB.