Willy's Overland Jeepsters Club

Tray Burge

TJ Addict
I know what this badge is for, but it looks really cool and vintage and was wondering if it would be "sacrilegious" to put one on my bumper just for looks?
I realize some Jeepers would see it doesn't fit my Jeep, but most wouldn't know any difference and just see it as an old cool looking club badge.
What do you say?

s-l640[1].jpg

Cool beans! I went out to their club forum website and, obviously, they are for the Willy's Jeeps and for the club members, but I say hardly anybody would know any difference and just see it as an old cool looking club badge.
I'm ordering one. It's not my fault they have such a cool looking badge.
Thanks for the feedback

That is cool looking.

The people that know what a Willys Overland Jeepster is may be aggravated if they find out you don't own one and aren't even a member of the club. I will say, aggravated is aggravated. and it would be THEIR problem, not yours.

Reactions: Tray Burge
Is the badge pictured made out of metal or plastic?
If metal, is it polished or is it chromed?

Next set of questions:

What will the wranglertjforum badge be made out of?
Will it bolt on or be some double sided tape?
If plastic, could I get away with hanging it from my mirror?
Will there be a design contest of some sort or maybe just taking some suggestions?
Can I get one before my wife gets home from work today? It's her birthday and I'd love to buy her something for my TJ.

Is the badge pictured made out of metal or plastic?

Metal.

If metal, is it polished or is it chromed?

Most likely polished, and then enameled.

What will the wranglertjforum badge be made out of?

7068-T6511 Aluminum.

Will it bolt on or be some double sided tape?

It will require cutting, drilling and welding to install.

If plastic, could I get away with hanging it from my mirror?

You can hang it from a mirror, but if you do so, a minor design flaw in the badge will automagically cause tyrannosaurs to appear behind your vehicle and chase you while Laura Dern screams from your passenger seat (Note: Laura Dern does not like it when this happens.)

Will there be a design contest of some sort or maybe just taking some suggestions?

I asked the same question of my Magic 8-Ball, and it said that the particulars of the design will be telepathically communicated to the forum administration from the multi-eyed and tentacled horrors imprisoned at the edge of The Universe...and it's been correct every. single. time. it's told me that.

Can I get one before my wife gets home from work today? It's her birthday and I'd love to buy her a nice, clean, low-mileage TJ.

Fixed it for you. You're welcome.

@Chris ... do a metal badge: "WTjF"

It can be an insider thing us members know about.

That would actually be cool, something I'd be up for.

I'd have to find someone to manufacture it though so I'll have to look around. I'll definitely start looking though so stay tuned!

That would actually be cool, something I'd be up for.

I'd have to find someone to manufacture it though so I'll have to look around. I'll definitely start looking though so stay tuned!

I could rock a sticker on my outdoor gear or a shirt with that logo.

Reactions: Chris
Cool badge. IMHO you can stick anything you want on there. While a Willys guys might get upset, just B-slap him. No way he is nearly as manly as a TJ dude. You could also threaten to not pull him out next time he gets stuck. Now if he also has a M37 or M35, back away slowly while smiling politely.

Can I get one before my wife gets home from work today? It's her birthday and I'd love to buy her something for my TJ.

Can I get one before my wife gets home from work today? It's her birthday and I'd love to buy her something a nice, clean, low-mileage TJ.

Fixed it for you. You're welcome.

That is a great answer. I'll be trying to find (and afford) that by her birthday next year.

Yeah, I'm kinda pulling away from the "Willys" badge idea and think I'll just stay with the 75th Anniversary Tribute build idea, nobody has claimed that and it's generic and I'll never be considered a poser.
*Chris, I'd be in for a club badge too, as long as they look cool, the Jeep you have in the upper right hand corner would look neat made into a badge with the forum name. No stickers, metal badge.

Yeah, I'm kinda pulling away from the "Willys" badge idea and think I'll just stay with the 75th Anniversary Tribute build idea, nobody has claimed that and it's generic and I'll never be considered a poser.
*Chris, I'd be in for a club badge too, as long as they look cool, the Jeep you have in the upper right hand corner would look neat made into a badge with the forum name. No stickers, metal badge.

I like the idea of a metal badge... but please dont use the generic forum name.

The best i can think of that represented the forum name was WTjF.

I like how it is cryptic and a play on WTF, but is also the forum name abbreviated.

That with a jeep would be cool.