Winching FAIL

Those "portable" spas are a bitch! I've moved several, usually with about 8 guys. When it just needed to be moved 10-15 feet and then back I used a bunch of PVC as rollers. Use schedule 40, ask me how I know.

Reactions: Irun and Blondie70
This may be an opportunity to use that sand anchor you never had a chance to try. Bury it in your yard and plant a bush over it. :D:D

I have used a delivery cart on mine just to break it loose from the surface.
I've seen these but never seen them really work well. As often as I used to go to the dunes (Glamis or Oceano) I thought I needed one until I watched several people try to use them unsuccessfully. I guess in this instance it would work better than what I saw it used for.

You're doing this all wrong.
Seriously, just put some round logs at one end, joist it up on the logs and now roll it.
So easy, peasy a cave man could do it or a belly dancer.
That's sort of the plan - the problem with rollers is you first have to get the damn thing up on them. That's going to involve screwing some additional wood onto its framework so we hopefully don't break anything - then using a hydraulic jack to lift it up for the rollers. I figured winching it would be easier - and it probably would have been if I'd had an anchor point.

That's sort of the plan - the problem with rollers is you first have to get the damn thing up on them. That's going to involve screwing some additional wood onto its framework so we hopefully don't break anything - then using a hydraulic jack to lift it up for the rollers. I figured winching it would be easier - and it probably would have been if I'd had an anchor point.
My buddy used my handtrucks to get his up and on top of the logs and then it rolled right into place.

I once moved a entire 18' fiberglass bass boat by hand with a sawzall and a circular saw...

just took a few weeks to get rid of it in the dumpsters at work, many days with itchy arms too.

fiberglass is some tough shit. attempted driving over it with the tractor first to try to crush it but it just acted like a ramp. got the neighbors heavier and larger skid steer also attempted crushing it with the wheels and the bucket but it only obtained a few scuffs. ended up getting out the power tools and cut it all up in 8x8" - 2' square pieces. for as cautious as we were about bumping into docks, stumps, rocks and such using it, this damn thing probably could have demolished docks, moved stumps and rocks.

ultimately in the end though it probably would have been far cheaper and made better time to just take it to the dump.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT and Blondie70
A public service announcement from the Tampa Bay Bandit Board RCPM

I am often asked, "What's a TWIT?" ... my answer is:

{}==================={}
|| A "TWIT" IS A ||
{}==================={}

Caller who keeps signing in with phony names to get another
30 minutes before being asked to sign off.

Caller who won't bother to TYPE the .INF (info) files to find
out how to use the system properly.

Caller who insists on TYPE'ing files endlessly, especially
useless ones, like the LASTCALR file, XMODEM.LOG, any programs
written in "C", and even *.*.

Caller who does endless DIR commands and never echoes anything
to the printer.

Caller who tries XMODEM R to send a file (about 50 times)

Caller who keeps trying to XMODEM S RBBS.COM or other .COM files.

Caller who doesn't know that CTRL-C aborts almost everything
including DIR listings and tries every other key instead.

Caller who repeatedly tries to TYPE .LBR files, and leaves
messages asking why the machine won't let him.

Caller who tries something like this:

A0:SYSTEM>apple //e with a hayes card and cp/m
APPLE?
A0:SYSTEM>yes an apple //e, what's wrong with an apple?
YES?
A0:SYSTEM>yes, I said yessssss!!!!!!
YES?
A0:SYSTEM>list
LIST?
A0:SYSTEM>load
LOAD?
A0:SYSTEM>fre
FRE?
A0:SYSTEM>run
RUN?
A0:SYSTEM>menu
MENU?
A0:SYSTEM>exit
EXIT?
A0:SYSTEM>quit
QUIT?

++CARRIER LOST++

and calls back several times each week to ask the same questions.

Caller who leaves a message on RBBS and says you should have a
message program on the system so he can leave messages.

Caller who discovers CHAT and tries 300 times in a row to summon
an operator even after being told, "Sorry operator is not available"

Caller who tries every possible combination to change user areas
and just can't seem to remember to use the colon ":"

Caller who leaves a message on RBBS asking SYSOP to please
leave out a copy of BASCOM.COM or MAC.COM ... etc

Caller who leaves complaints on RBBS that he can't send you
his new universal debugger because XMODEM won't let him leave a
.COM file.

Caller who, disgusted with his inability to use the system,
leaves a message to SYSOP telling him that he should try a really
good system, like the APPLE-based one in New York that has all
those really neat games on it.

Caller who ignores repeated notices from SYSOP that system will be
going down, then calls back immediately, and for the next 2 hours
only to be denied access each time.

Caller who complains about the FREE service offered through the
RCPM and tells you how you SHOULD run your system.

Caller who ignores the fact that the SYSOP is trying to tell him
something by typing on the screen and doing <returns> or CTRL-U's.

I MEAN LET'S FACE IT FOLKS, IT IS "OUR" MACHINES THAT YOU USE (ABUSE)
AND IN THE FINAL ANALYSIS, WE HAVE THE ON/OFF SWITCH ... NOT YOU.

One of the many reasons I never want another hot tub.
It was either that or a fucking swimming pool. Wife wanted an in-ground pool - I said "Not only no, HELL NO!". Swim Spa was the alternative I came up with. Far cheaper, easier to deal with overall, and does what she needs doing.

There are three things I don't do: Horses, boats, and swimming pools. I had a co-worker whose wife caught "horse fever" (what is it about women and horses?) - poor bastard. Wife and I both grew up with horses and know better. I worked on, in, and around boats for 25 years - and know better. She still agitates for a boat on occasion - I told her - fine. You buy it, you pay for it, you deal with it, you maintain it, you drive it. No thank you.

A highlift jack is your friend!!

It was either that or a fucking swimming pool. Wife wanted an in-ground pool - I said "Not only no, HELL NO!". Swim Spa was the alternative I came up with. Far cheaper, easier to deal with overall, and does what she needs doing.

There are three things I don't do: Horses, boats, and swimming pools. I had a co-worker whose wife caught "horse fever" (what is it about women and horses?) - poor bastard. Wife and I both grew up with horses and know better. I worked on, in, and around boats for 25 years - and know better. She still agitates for a boat on occasion - I told her - fine. You buy it, you pay for it, you deal with it, you maintain it, you drive it. No thank you.
And what makes you think Jeeping is any cheaper than owing a boat. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I have owned both and I can say there are a lot more accessories for my TJR than my ski boat ever had. ;)

Reactions: Zorba