Window Shopping for Ramp Trucks or Roll Backs

download.jpg

I have wondered about the weight transfer on that truck. Seems like the buggy sitting that far back, how mush it takes weight off the steer axle.

As light as the Sammy is I would think it'd be OK. Trying to haul my 5K lb TJ on a truck was one of the reasons I was looking at MDT/HDT haulers.

Reactions: RINC
I like the idea of towing my Jeep for out of state wheeling trips. I have come around in my thinking that my 69 C-20 will not have the brakes to tow the Jeep with the drum brakes it has. Roadkill and watching Finnegan's Garage with the OG Ramp Truck, makes me want one. My thinking for wanting a ramp truck is not towing a trailer. Califorication has a 55mph limit on towing trailers and less money on upkeep of a trailer, never mind a place to store the trailer.

View attachment 350589

Here’s the recent video on this one

• Love
I wish I had a truck scale at work. Very interested on how mush mine weighs.

I'd guess 500-800 lbs less than mine? Or even more than that. Once it's driving again I'm going to go weigh it just so I know what I'm dealing with.
I was at a event and someone had brought a set of scales with them so they were weighing everyone's rigs. I was a little shocked that mine came in at 5K lbs. But that was with my fat ass in the drivers seat too. So take out 250 lbs.

Last edited:
  • Wow
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.

Seriously...My buddies and I want to make a trip to Moab. I'm set...I have a truck and trailer to get there. The rest of them are a little stuck on transportation. We've been looking into someone to load up 4-5 jeeps and haul em out there for us, then fly out to meet them. Its pretty expensive...like 2K before fuel went to 6 dollars a gallon.

• Love
Reactions: Wildman and RINC