Window sticker

Rick Flair

Domari Nolo
Supporting Member
I have my original window sticker. It’s not in the best shape but it was a neat find. I saw someone framed theirs, I’m going to steal that idea!

Anyway, some might find it interesting and here is what options cost back then.

C684312B-B49D-490B-8866-500A7945FC75.jpeg

56F5193F-BB92-45B2-9C0A-2570C5193572.jpeg

I have mine from my '98 Sahara that I bought off the original owner. I'll see if I can post a pic, later. Would be interesting to see the differences through the years and "editions". (y)

Reactions: Rick Flair
When my special ordered 03 Rubicon hit the lot the top of the window sticker beside the model year it said “This vehicle was especially made for Vince xxxxxxx”. I thought that was really cool but when I picked it up after the dealer PDI’d it the window sticker was gone.
Mine on my F150 has my name on it. I was impressed when I picked it up.

Close to $37k in today’s money, if adjusted for inflation. 🤓And that’s without all the bells and whistles that the 2 door JL comes with.

Whoever said JK’ and JL’s were expensive didn't buy a simple little TJ new in 98...
View attachment 160702
Yep. A few posts back is my window sticker and I have no bells and whistles other than the "S" package and I upgraded my wheel/tire combo.

This is cool! Made me forget I had all of my original goodies.
1589289823127.png

1589289857122.png

Ordered Oct 1997. Arrived Dec 1997. Dealership put it in their showroom for a week before I could pick it up. Told me they think they may have sold 5 TJ's because of my red one sitting there, but that I need to come and get it before the cool goodies that Jeep tossed in the rear seat disappeared.

People seem to think that cars and trucks were so much cheaper in the olden days. They forget about inflation. I know I do. My grandfather bought his first tractor just before the war. 1938. (Still have it and use it!) For only $700. I can't believe how cheap. It was all "modern" with live hydraulics, self energizing disk brakes, electric lights and starter, and even had a water pump. Made to run on distillate or gas with just a shudder adjustment.
I wonder what that works out to now? They do8have payments back then. It was all cash upfront.

People seem to think that cars and trucks were so much cheaper in the olden days. They forget about inflation. I know I do. My grandfather bought his first tractor just before the war. 1938. (Still have it and use it!) For only $700. I can't believe how cheap. It was all "modern" with live hydraulics, self energizing disk brakes, electric lights and starter, and even had a water pump. Made to run on distillate or gas with just a shudder adjustment.
I wonder what that works out to now? They do8have payments back then. It was all cash upfront.
The other thing to consider about inflation though is that many people were making the same money 20 years ago that they are today. Wages haven't kept up with inflation.

So that 23k Jeep 20 years ago really wouldn't have been that expensive to someone making similar income then as they do now when comparing to a 37k Jeep today.

I have my window sticker at home. I'll try and remember to post it tonight.

Reactions: Rick Flair