Window zipper fixer

semi_conscious

I bought a used soft top right after I bought my TJ with a hard top a few months ago. I got the top home and went to install it only to realize that the rear window was missing the zipper sliders. I ordered a couple YKK #10 sliders thinking my problem would be solved. When I tried to install them I entered a corner of hell no one had told me about... WINDOW ZIPPER PROBLEMS... what a nightmare..I tried soap, I tried WD-40, I ordered different sliders all with no luck. I fought that zipper like George Castanza and his therapist (Seinfeld reference) I spent hours trying to align teeth, gave up, and put the hard top back on.

After I let the severe disappointment and frustration fade I thought I'd give it one more go with a product I found while googling - FixNZip - ..... I had little hope but had nothing better to do on a Sunday than switch tops. Once I got the FixNZip started on the left side...it just felt different. I easily pulled it up, across the top and down...I was amazed. I had finally won the war!

If you're having trouble with the teeth not meshing give this product a try. My zipper didn't have missing or severely damaged teeth. The teeth would not mesh every few inches and once zipped it could easily be pulled apart. I got a great deal on this top and I'm so glad I can put it to use. Hope this can help anyone else.

Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DD5LIV4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Thanks for sharing this with us as I am sure someone in the future will stumble upon this and find it helpful.

The zippers were also a bitch for me as well. What ended up working for me was a hook that I put through the end of the zipper which allowed me to pull them up without having to cram my hands in that tiny little space and pull. In other words, it gave me leverage.

I assume this is what you're talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DD5LIV4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

If so, thanks for sharing this with us as I am sure someone in the future will stumble upon this and find it helpful.

The zippers were also a bitch for me as well. What ended up working for me was a hook that I put through the end of the zipper which allowed me to pull them up without having to cram my hands in that tiny little space and pull. In other words, it gave me leverage.

Yes exactly The LG size for our #10 zippers.. You can get them at walmart for 10 bucks. With the factory replacement sliders I used zip ties and at one point some looped rope I could put behind my elbow after my fingers were so sore. This thing took no effort at all and has the key ring and para-cord zipper pull included.

Reactions: Chris
Nice, that's a cheap and easy solution for sure! I put on a brand new soft top so I know first hand how stubborn and and annoying these zippers can be!