Windshield frame difference between 03-06 and all others ?

Zman

My 2003 sport has a bad windshield frame,,, I picked up a nice used one and just finishing the prep for install and found out the 03-06 wranglers have a different frame than the older ones. As shown in listings for replacements.

Anyone know the differences,?

I’m not sure of the age of my replacement. I don’t want to take the original apart till I can determine if I have one that fits....

Thanks,

John Z

My 2003 sport has a bad windshield frame,,, I picked up a nice used one and just finishing the prep for install and found out the 03-06 wranglers have a different frame than the older ones. As shown in listings for replacements.

Anyone know the differences,?

I’m not sure of the age of my replacement. I don’t want to take the original apart till I can determine if I have one that fits....

Thanks,

John Z
Hey. All the same except for the plastic moulding but fit is exact

Reactions: Irun
This^^^^^

The 03 - 06 have slots on the inside of the frame for the plastic molding that was installed those years. The 97 - 02 frames were bare, with no plastic covers, and have no slots in them.

This^^^^^

The 03 - 06 have slots on the inside of the frame for the plastic molding that was installed those years. The 97 - 02 frames were bare, with no plastic covers, and have no slots in them.
The 03-06 door seals and visor mounts/clips are all molded into the plastic surround. The earlier frame has separate pieces and attachments. Also, the early TJ visors are larger and will interfere with the fatter late TJ cage padding above the door, making it so you can't swing the visor to the door side.

Last edited:
I took those side covers off recently to reroute some antenna wires, sat back in my seat and thought, "why have I had those stupid things on for the last 16 years?" If @Zman is around I'm sure he'll appreciate somebody answering the question.

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
Hah, Better very late than never………. I did end up installing that frame….. and used it without the neat look of the newer plastics that attach to the newer frames. Alas, That Jeep is long gone and on to someone else’s adventures…….