Windshield header connection type

spiccolli

Hi All - looking for a bit of advice about how to attach a bimini top to a windshield header that I already have.

When I bought my 97 TJ, it came with some extra stuff including a windshield header, but I'm not sure how it could be used since it has no clips and does not screw on.
It's possible it's for a different year wrangler, or I'm missing parts. I'm wondering if anyone has one like it and can steer me in the right direction in order to get it installed and get the bimini on. I'd rather use it than toss it and go buy a new one.

This is the bimini i have:

14104217 — MasterTop Bimini Top, 97-06 TJ Wrangler & 04-06 Wrangler Unlimited, Spice Diamond
"These “summer soft tops” feature no drill installation directly to your sport bar using straps, buckles and hook & loop fasteners. Installation also requires the use of a no-drill Windshield header (not included)."

Some pictures of the channel are attached. Thanks for any help!!

20240305_115656.jpg

20240305_115721.jpg

Hi All - looking for a bit of advice about how to attach a bimini top to a windshield header that I already have.

When I bought my 97 TJ, it came with some extra stuff including a windshield header, but I'm not sure how it could be used since it has no clips and does not screw on.
It's possible it's for a different year wrangler, or I'm missing parts. I'm wondering if anyone has one like it and can steer me in the right direction in order to get it installed and get the bimini on. I'd rather use it than toss it and go buy a new one.

This is the bimini i have:

14104217 — MasterTop Bimini Top, 97-06 TJ Wrangler & 04-06 Wrangler Unlimited, Spice Diamond
"These “summer soft tops” feature no drill installation directly to your sport bar using straps, buckles and hook & loop fasteners. Installation also requires the use of a no-drill Windshield header (not included)."

Some pictures of the channel are attached. Thanks for any help!!

View attachment 506918

View attachment 506919

If that is all you have, you are most assuredly missing parts. second pic you posted has 2 nut-serts, there should be a bracket bolted there that hooks into the stock top latch locations. If you were local to me, I'd give you the one taking up space in my garage...

Reactions: John Cooper
Thanks for the info. Any way you could point me to the bracket I need for it online for sale? Or maybe just a picture of yours if you don't have the time for that? Hell, I'd think about paying for shipping and buying you a case of tasty for your troubles. Likely cheaper than a store and gets it off your hands lol!

Looks like you're missing more than the J-hooks. The brackets that the j-hooks attach to also appear to me missing. You are probably better off getting the entire no-drill header assembly, which I think you can get on Amazon for around $60-$70. The J-hooks alone run about $40 and It's not clear if you can even find the brackets separately. Here's a link to the Bestop header for '97-'06 TJ:

https://www.amazon.com/Bestop-51238...006-Wrangler/dp/B0002SA22Q?tag=wranglerorg-20

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Thanks @LJBean - I guess I'll toss it and bite the bullet on a new one. It's really not all that much considering I got the bimini brand new on the ebay for a very cheap price. A few more bucks for yet another option is noice. The sun herein AZ is brutal and my spiderwebshade doubled over doesn't quite cut it!

Reactions: LJBean
Thanks for the info. Any way you could point me to the bracket I need for it online for sale? Or maybe just a picture of yours if you don't have the time for that? Hell, I'd think about paying for shipping and buying you a case of tasty for your troubles. Likely cheaper than a store and gets it off your hands lol!

This is the one I have. The brackets on this are part of it, and cannot be removed... but still use bolts to tighten it on.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/smittybilt-windshield-tj-yj-90104.html