Wondering about tire chains

I run grabber AT2 tires w studs on our suburban (also running them on the LJ in PA) in Colorado for pulling our 2 place sled trailer through the rockies and they do an amazing job, so much so I have yet to use my auto Sox so I can't speak from personal experience but my truck driver buddies swear by them and is why I bought them. They all 3 ,prefer them over chains, their only con they said to NOT run them on dry pavement as this will, wear them out fast, my one buddy said he left his on once for about 20 miles past the snow figuring he would get them off at the truck stop but that was to late, he has had his latest set for a few years now and said he won't go back to chains. Just something to look into, if they can pull an 80,000 pound truck up the Rockies they can probably handle the jeep.

Reactions: JMT
I seriously want to discourage you on this.
There are some front tire fitments gone bad and yanked everything and gutted it all out with it.
Not a lot of chain users in Texas, eh? Understandable. On rare occasions having a set is the only way law enforcement will let you proceed across passes in the Sierras, Cascades, and Rockies. More often they go on for short stretches because its the only way off of a frozen a mountain where you were wheeling or hunting.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford