Would 3 TJs be crazy

Wowens79

I bought a TJ a little over a year ago, it was my 3rd jeep, I'd had a CJ, and a YJ, but sold them because I needed different types of daily drivers. The TJ was an extra car just for fun. Well my 18 year old daughter really liked it so I ended up buying her a TJ, so we had 2. My son turned 16, and I gave him mine, and owner back to my ol truck. I'm kinda missing driving the jeep daily, and thinking adding a 3rd TJ to the family. Would that be crazy?

My ol trucks a 2002 with 230k miles on it, I bought it new and it's been great. I need it to pull our camper. At some point I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and buy a truck, but I'd thought of another jeep, and just using the truck for camper duty.

Sounds like a solid plan to me. I would be nervous though every time I bought a new part for my jeep that my son or daughter would get to it first :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: TJ Starting
My fear is the ol truck breaking down late at night pulling an 8000lb camper. Am I putting my wife and kids at risk. With one kid starting college in the fall, and another one in 2 years, the budget will tight.
But if it does bite the dust, you’ll have far more time to buy another if you have a backup vehicle. Better to take a couple months and negotiate for the truck you want than to buy one because you need one badly.

You can always buy a less expensive one, maybe even an SE or YJ/CJ and plan on modernizing it when the kids are out of college and you’re rolling in the dough. Then you won’t be tempted to upgrade it until you get a V8 or other major upgrade done.

I prefer to have a backup vehicle, even if it’s just an old beater

I'll probably get banned for saying this, but consider a 2dr JK. I bought one for my new daily a couple months ago. It's a smooth ride and better on the hi-way than my TJ. My old Nissan Altima daily driver just wasn't any fun to drive anymore. I'm not getting rid of the TJ. Nothing wrong with have more than one or three Jeeps!

20190615_073927_zpsm9cujmwn.jpg

I'll probably get banned for saying this, but consider a 2dr JK. I bought one for my new daily a couple months ago. It's a smooth ride and better on the hi-way than my TJ. My old Nissan Altima daily driver just wasn't any fun to drive anymore. I'm not getting rid of the TJ. Nothing wrong with have more than one or three Jeeps!

View attachment 99555

Do you pop the hood just to show off the stickers?