Would a Currie Antirock be a good upgrade for my Jeep?

Hopper

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Dropped my Tj off today to get some things installed front/rear Detroit lockers, warn evo, Super 35, re gear from 3.07 to 4.10 I have the 32rh transmission and upgrade steering.
While in the shop he has a Currie Antirock that a customer ordered then bailed last minute. He says he would consider at cost for the Antirock.
My question. would this be a considerable upgrade for my Jeep? It only has a 2 inch budget boost lift. My Jeep is my 2nd vehicle not daily driver but I drive it alot around town and light off road with off road about to get more.

I have the AR and love not having to disconnect. I have 2 inches also. I had to cut down the rods to fit, I didn’t use the jam nuts either just loctight
The question is what is his “cost”.
I picked mine up on sell at $380.

Reactions: pagrey
My question. would this be a considerable upgrade for my Jeep? It only has a 2 inch budget boost lift. My Jeep is my 2nd vehicle not daily driver but I drive it alot around town and light off road with off road about to get more.
There are better ways to spend your money from what you describe here.

I have the AR and love not having to disconnect. I have 2 inches also. I had to cut down the rods to fit, I didn’t use the jam nuts either just loctight
The question is what is his “cost”.
I picked mine up on sell at $380.
Not sure of the cost. Just wasn't interested this afternoon, but cant stop thinking about it since I left the shop. Going to call in the morning and get more info.

There are better ways to spend your money from what you describe here.
Could you give some suggestions on better ways to spend my money. From what I listed what are better options I could be looking into to.

ARB compressor and a nice tire pressure gauge.
Quality fire extinguisher and mount.
Soft shackles.
Kinetic recovery rope.
Just the basics, nice stuff that you'll use on the trail.

Thanks
ARB compressor and a nice tire pressure gauge.
Quality fire extinguisher and mount.
Soft shackles.
Kinetic recovery rope.
Just the basics, nice stuff that you'll use on the trail.
Thanks! Do have recovery gear minus the extinguisher. Definitely a good idea saved my F250 about a yr ago when oil hit the exhaust and ignited.

Reactions: pagrey
Have you ever disconnected the front sway bar when you're off road? Felt the difference?

If not, don't bother
I do have quick disconnects know. Definitely a difference but dont bother to pull the pin since it can be a pain at times, raining, muddy, lazy, old back.

I’d let his cost be the determining factor. Truthfully, I think you’ll enjoy it. On-road performance is much smoother. But for less than the cost of a new Antirock you could have a Viair 400p and some basic recovery gear.

Reactions: Thunderhead
It depends on the cost and your long term goals. Don't forget you could sell the current disconnects and recoup some of the cost. Though lots of people right now are hot on the Swaylock.

I'd say if it fits in your build plan and is a good price - do it. I got mine for $350 on ebay, just as a gauge of what I considered a "good deal". I don't regret mine at all.

How many times have you found it beneficial to disconnect your front sway bar links with the stock setup?

How many times have you found it beneficial to disconnect your front sway bar links with the stock setup?
Only disconnected a hand full of times. The 2 inch lift has been on ot since I got it about a yr ago. Out of those times it has seemed alot better on rutted out roads and rocky hill that were not possible connected, sure my lack of skill had some to do with some of that. I plan on visiting more parks this summer and doing more off road this yr.