Would a rear track bar help with the axle being off center?

Finally

My '97 seems to have a rear alignment issue. Right tire sticks 4' outside the fender flair whiel
the left is around 3'. The reverse is noticeable underneath as the LEFT tire seems to be closer
to the springs. There i a minor lift (2-3 in max). Would the addition of an adjustable rear track bar
help with this issue.
Writing from Canada so if your recommendation is to get one, hints would be appreciated.

My '97 seems to have a rear alignment issue. Right tire sticks 4' outside the fender flair whiel
the left is around 3'. The reverse is noticeable underneath as the LEFT tire seems to be closer
to the springs. There i a minor lift (2-3 in max). Would the addition of an adjustable rear track bar
help with this issue.
Writing from Canada so if your recommendation is to get one, hints would be appreciated.
absolutely, if did a suspension lift then you would need an adjustable track bar...Oh and when you install it and get it adjusted correctly use LOCTITE the adjustment nut will back off eventually if you don't...Might as well get both front and rear if you don't have an adjustable one in the front...They are not very expensive...

Reactions: Midtenn
if it's enough lift to move the axle it's enough to also warrant and a relocation bracket.

any lift above 2" needs a rear relocation bracket. once a relocation bracket proves insufficient to center the axle then you go to the adjustable bar.

Last edited:
Should be pretty easy to find one up there. Any of the major 4x4 websites will have adjustable track bars. I see used ones in very nice condition for sale locally regularly as well. Check FB, Craigslist, etc.

absolutely, if did a suspension lift then you would need an adjustable track bar...Oh and when you install it and get it adjusted correctly use LOCTITE the adjustment nut will back off eventually if you don't...Might as well get both front and rear if you don't have an adjustable one in the front...They are not very expensive...
Thanks. I need to get the work done before i can get it a safety and officially on the road. Now i am getting info that it should
already have a track bar, (which i don't know if it has). and that if i get brackets i can install a stock one. Such a newbie

if it's enough lift to move the axle it's enough to also warrant and a relocation bracket.

any lift above 2" needs a rear relocation bracket. once a relocation bracket proves insufficient to center the axle then you go to the adjustable bar.
Thanks....i am such a newbie. I don't even know how much of a lift it has ( if any) and whether it already it just needs some brackets and a stock track bar....Guess i need to figure that out

Thanks....i am such a newbie. I don't even know how much of a lift it has ( if any) and whether it already it just needs some brackets and a stock track bar....Guess i need to figure that out
Post some pictures of your suspension and measure the springs from top to bottom

I have an adjustable trackbar that I just took off, no idea what brand it is. All I know is that it was whacking everything back there and I installed new track bars along with control arms. Bushings seem to be in decent shape, if you want it I'll send it to you for whatever it costs to ship up to Canadia.