Would you return this radiator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickgsjeep

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Brand new radiator just came. Some vanes are damaged but lightly. Would you install it or return it?
AF9DCB82-63CC-44A4-A869-F97A8C68E1C3.jpeg
110AAB9E-04A2-4713-8805-0540B54D2B47.jpeg
FBB2AC58-AFD3-4500-BF56-A854E2A8AA3D.jpeg

I would return it. See the title of the thread. One could easily straighten the fins, but if I bought something new, I wouldn't want to have to. Just my opinion. Let them sell it to the next guy as a scratch and dent. I wouldn't hesitate to run that if I did it to it though.

I was going to say post some pictures of the tubes. If no deformed tubes, straighten the fins, but @mrblaine beat me to it.

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I would return it. See the title of the thread. One could easily straighten the fins, but if I bought something new, I wouldn't want to have to. Just my opinion. Let them sell it to the next guy as a scratch and dent. I wouldn't hesitate to run that if I did it to it though.
Takes less effort to straighten a few fins than it does to put it back in the box and do all the return shit. That and we all fuck them up worse just installing them.

BTW- read his whole post.

BTW- read his whole post.
I did, including the title. And that title was the part of his post I chose to answer. I don't think anybody was unclear as to what I meant.

And I understand your position. Clearly it's not a big deal either way, and the OP is obviously on the fence. He asked for opinions and I gave mine. I'm not saying it's the right way or the only way. Different strokes.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the responses.

As irritated as I would be seeing this when I opened the box, mrblaine ain't wrong by saying this:

Takes less effort to straighten a few fins than it does to put it back in the box and do all the return shit.

If it's visible through the grill, a little bit of spray paint may also need to be added, irritating me just a bit more. Either way I'd let them know about it and be less irritated if they gave me some credit for my next purchase of something from them.
And now I'll ask, who is "them"?

As irritated as I would be seeing this when I opened the box, mrblaine ain't wrong by saying this:

If it's visible through the grill, a little bit of spray paint may also need to be added, irritating me just a bit more. Either way I'd let them know about it and be less irritated if they gave me some credit for my next purchase of something from them.
And now I'll ask, who is "them"?
It’s on the fan side so not visible.

Reactions: JEEPCJTJ
I‘d agree with straightening the fins and pressing on.

Id probably contact the seller and show them the pics and ask if you install it and it leaks from those areas will there be any problems with returning it for another.

Brand new radiator just came. Some vanes [fins]are damaged but lightly. Would you install it or return it?

I would straighten the fins, give the surface a thin coat of flat black if it needs it, and install.

I might have a few unique descriptors for the person(s) who manhandled my new radiator on its way to me and caused me some extra work, but life goes on.

Reactions: Daryl
Status
Not open for further replies.